Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

powershot fuel regulator

ok has anyone installed this unit and found good results ...? r&d claims that stock machines are lean and by installing this unit plug and play its suppose to have a map already in it which will offer more juice ... anyone ?

I'd figure with everyones oil smelling like gasoline that these would be running rich...

I'm interested myself...

By the looks of the plugs I have removed, mine appeared to be a tad rich. Those after market fuel controllers are good if you do exhaust mods.

I build Horsepower
    +1
    You would be foolish to tune or think your ski A/F is off by the fuel dilution in your oil.

Wide band O2 is the only way to tune or tell the A/F.

Shawn

Quote Originally Posted by NitroShark View Post
    You would be foolish to tune or think your ski A/F is off by the fuel dilution in your oil.

Wide band O2 is the only way to tune or tell the A/F.

Shawn
    Funny,... you would think since this has the same motor as a ZX14R that Powercommander would make us one for the ultra. I'm pretty sure you can plug a ZX14R powercommader III usb into your ski's but the map would be way off. We just need somebody to tune an ultra on a dyno for us and give us the map to download. My ZX6R has a powercommader III and all I do is tweak the map until my satisfied with the results. In fact I have the powercommander LCD module in place and I got 2 map loaded and I can change the fuel curve on the go while I’m riding.

Check it out

http://www.powercommander.com/powerc...mdl=64&yr=2007

+1
    one of the kawi dealers over here had one on a stock 15f ski they raced last year.i spoke with him earlier this week and he told me the mapping on the 15f is similar to the zx12r.the ecu on the 15f and the zx10r have the same kawi part/order #.
    trying same new mods on my 15f going with the comander system combined with thier a/f meter....alot cheaper and more functions than a powershot.

Quote Originally Posted by pete71 View Post
    same new mods on my 15f going with the comander system combined with thier a/f meter....alot cheaper and more functions than a powershot.
    Very true, when I saw the powershot for the ultra I thought in my head what a cheap knock off of Dyno Jet PCIII. I'm going to look further into this, hopefully the ZX14R and Ultra have the same ECU. The PCIII combined with the rest of Dyno Jet products would be an awesome combo on the Ultra. Imagine changing the fuel curve and ignition on the fly.

Quote Originally Posted by jdracer View Post
    The PCIII combined with the rest of Dyno Jet products would be an awesome combo on the Ultra. Imagine changing the fuel curve and ignition on the fly.
    Agree. Have also used Dyno Jet to change mapping on a Raptor 700R quad. Quick install and easy to use.

I used a Techlusion TFI on my Raptor 700r after changing the Exhaust and intake. It worked great and allowed me to push the RPMs higher on the top end. It wasnt as fancy as a PCIII but it did the job nicely. I agree with you guys and have stated in a previous post that an aftermarket controlller would be feasable. With a few mods and an after market controller we should be able to see the higher RPMs that we are limited to. Its just a mater of time. I believe that are limiter is built in to the ECU with its mapping. Just my 2 cents.
    Last edited by TheBaron; 08-09-2007 at 08:17 AM. Reason: oops

snapper455
    food for thought The rev limiter on the zx12 is 14000 rpm and 7400 rpm on the 12f and 15f (parts # for the ecu the same????) rev limiter for the zx14 is 13500 and 8900 for the 250!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information