Will work on YOUR ski for FREE! GeoRXT's Avatar
    +1

Rideplate install question...

How hard is it to do and what needs to be done? I want to ride soon and I dont know if PPG will squeeze me in in time....

Now, you all know my skills so, should I do it?

EZ Dock of Long Island Shibby1485's Avatar
    +1
    it's easy man... go for it

most tedious part is cleaning up all the pre-existing silicone before you install the new one

when re-installing... silicone the thru-hull fittings, lay the play in place and bolt it up but dont tighen it 100% yet... tight, but just barely loose enough that it still floats in the silicone and you can move it a LITTLE bit... why? put the intake grate on and make sure the front bolt is bolted in and that the center rear bolt will still align and bolt into the tab on the front of the rideplate... then finish tightening.

u can do it man.... u know where to find me and the rest of us if u need help along the way

Geo just call me up and ill help you do it.

+1
    Steve, so there is no need to empty the coolant or anything? Just take the 6 bolts out and the lines out and slap the new one?

Elliot when are you available? You off Mondays?

EZ Dock of Long Island Shibby1485's Avatar
    +1
    you definitely have to drain the coolant... you have to disconnect the two hoses that go into the rideplate thru-hull fittings on the inside of the hull.

+1
    Geo DRAIN THE COOLANT FIRST then take the TWO (2) lines off the inside hull thru couplers as well. THEN UNBOLT the 6 bolts that hold the ride plate to the craft. it wont fall either its siliconed to the hull. then unlodge it from the hull. just look where the silicone is on the OLD plate and u will know where to put it on the NEW plate. put EXTRA to ensure good sealing. i did it and u can do it Bro!!!!!!!!!! with Vladi down at PPG gone or a WEEK at the SEADOO meeting WTF are we gonna do about bothering people all week for parts and stuff!!!!!!!! hahahahahaha! good luck Geo u can handle it Bro. when i come to Florida next spring to get my 2008 we will hook up and party and do some riding with Valdi and the boys!!! get ready!

+1
    if you have a jack with enought LIFT to it then try this on install! here are some pics how to hold it during install! good luck Geo!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSCN1742.JPG 
Views:	49 
Size:	163.5 KB 
ID:	33974   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSCN1748.JPG 
Views:	50 
Size:	181.3 KB 
ID:	33975   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSCN1765.JPG 
Views:	53 
Size:	193.4 KB 
ID:	33976  

+1
    I know thats why I was pressing him last week to get me in/out the same day! Bastard! LOL!

He has the rideplate too! And with him not there NO ONE will give it to me unless I buy it fare and square....and we know I dont wanna do that!

I drain the coolant from that allen bolt on the rear of the rideplate correct?

How much coolant will I need to refill? And which one?

+1
    i just use a good grade 50/50 solution and make sure u take some to the water with u and check it every 15 minutes after warm up. i find that u have to add about 6 ounces two to three times after a refill or drain. this is due to air pockets in the closed loop cooling system obviously. good luck getting yo sheeeeeet with VLADI GONE BRO. ITS GONNA B UGLY FOR A MINUTE FOR US!!!!!!! hahahahahaha! lettuce tomato!!!!!!

+1
    and yes the drain hole it the rear of the ride plate u got it! just remember the air pockets as they work out of the system on refill. dont LODGE YOUR HEAD and FORGET to check every few minutes to get coolant back to SYFFICENT level. u can handle it Gun! work it!

Thread Information