Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Exclamation Supercharger Help

Hi all, i am new to this and in Australia....It seems we all have the same problems though...

I have an 07 RXP with 21 hours on it. After a weekend out it was washed etc and fine. THe next weekend we took it out and the thing was not reaching anywhere near top speed or revs. Everything seemed fine except i dont seem to be able to hear the supercharger?? Is that the likely problem. It wont go over 55-59!!

I will be so angry if it is because I asked the BRP dealer about washers etc and he told me "that is no longer a problem with the 07 models". Given this and their apparent lack of knowledge i am looking for an exact list of what i should makesure the dealer does if it is a blown washer/supercharger.

Thanks so much for your help!!!

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by saburke View Post
    Hi all, i am new to this and in Australia....It seems we all have the same problems though...

I have an 07 RXP with 21 hours on it. After a weekend out it was washed etc and fine. THe next weekend we took it out and the thing was not reaching anywhere near top speed or revs. Everything seemed fine except i dont seem to be able to hear the supercharger?? Is that the likely problem. It wont go over 55-59!!

I will be so angry if it is because I asked the BRP dealer about washers etc and he told me "that is no longer a problem with the 07 models". Given this and their apparent lack of knowledge i am looking for an exact list of what i should makesure the dealer does if it is a blown washer/supercharger.

Sounds like the Washers 07s are more prone than any other year.

What revs did you see?

+1
    You should only take a dealers word as far as you can throw his sorry a$$. All what they want to do is sell, and do maintenance.

It sounds like the washers crapped out on you. Take of the SC intake hose and try to spin the impellar. If it spins, the washer are gone, no spin you have something in the pump.

Exclamation

It would only go to about 6500rpm!!

Does anyone have an exact list of what i should make sure the dealer does if it is the washers!!!

I did not ride it hard either (it dont think)!!! is their a sound or vibration when the washers fail?? I felt or heard nothing, one day fine next day VERY sluggish!!! I was being whipped by a Yamaha

Washers

Remove the tube/hose that goes toward the SC and try to turn the SC impeller with your finger.

If it moves, the ceramic washers are bad.

hhh

I guess I could of read the ENTIRE post before I added my .02

sorry to hear this and welcomed to the board...
    if your ceramics are gone:
    Dealer needs to remove engine to properly clean out ceramic debris, not some half-assed repair by just cleaning the seive screens.
    most likely you have scoring of the oil pumps and covers so you`ll need:
    to get your SC repaired with steel washers, I reccommend Jerry...
    oil pumps
    oil pump covers
    PTO housing
    I reccommend new oil pressure reg, these have been known to break when re-used in the new PTO housing.

need to check for any damaged to gears/starter bendix/ stator wiring etc
    ceramics could be thrown into wiring causing short, just inspect the wiring internally.
    all related gaskets, o-rings, coolant, oil filter etc.
    engine will need thorough cleaning and flush the oil cooler.

I`m sure I`m missing something
    someone else will chime in and add info...

I agree, it seems I read more about the 07`s failing than any other year so far...Good luck with your repair...PR...

Quote Originally Posted by saburke View Post

Where are you in OZ? Les Cooke @ seadoo centre in melb is the best in australia for your SC doo. Try Denny Moran on the Gold Coast. And don't ride it anymore or you'll end up looking for a new motor.

mr. knowitall
    Quote Originally Posted by jetpac64 View Post
    Where are you in OZ? Les Cooke @ seadoo centre in melb is the best in australia for your SC doo. Try Denny Moran on the Gold Coast. And don't ride it anymore or you'll end up looking for a new motor.
    actually maybe thats what he should do , if its got a warranty let these sorry bastards(brp) put a motor in it and maybe after they get tired of giving motors away they will finally stop the ridiculous practice of putting these ceramic washers in their skis

saburke, welcome !!! by any chance did you look up under the ski and check to make sure you don,t have a rope or bag or something else up around the drive shaft and prop??? sometimes we overlook the ovious!! and good luck too you..

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information