Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Is a 04/05RXP ECU interchangable with a 03 SC GTX ECU?

I've read most of the posts concerning ECU swapping between 04/05 RXP to 04 GTX. From what I have read; this swap/mod is done quite a bit with good success which adds a couple mph to the top end. However, what about the 03 SC GTX's; I have a 03 GTX (LTD) SC and was wondering if the 03 SC GTX are different beast than the 04 GTX SC ( It does not seem so) and will the 04/05 RXP ECU to compatiable in a 03 SC GTX limited? Will I have to add the piggyback knock adapter; since from my reading in the forum the BUDs update is automatic to the ECU when it is hook up to an ECU without the update. I just like some input from more experienced on the forum before I moved on with the swap and take it to the dealer for the required resets. Thanks for any input...

I did it on a 03 GTX and all we did was change the throttle body.If you go with a 05 you need to run the knock sensor update.

Thanks...so you changed the 03 GTX TB to an 04 GTX or RXP TB? Why would the orginal TB not work?

The orginal one while work you might have to get the TPS reset but if it idles smooth you'll be fine.We used the RXP TB becaused it matched the ecu and lanyards.

Did you have much of a performance increase? and did you have any engine temp issues....thanks again for the help!!

+1
    FYI I have a 04 RXP ECU Forsale Cheap.

Off of my modded RXP.
    I would take it in and have the Throttle body set and keys from your old ECU. No biggie.

Austin

This has been done successfully. You`ll need to compliment the ECU with what it needs. The RXP/RXT/GTX LTD ecu`s are mapped differently.
    Most TPS settings are at "0"...
    intercooler, RR fuel pressure Reg, air filter kit, and I would increase the boost a bit by changing the SC wheel to atleast the Riva vortech one, to compensate for the SC speed difference between the GTX gearing and the RXP/RXT/GTX LTD gearing... Once you accomplish these mods your GTX will be moving!...PR...

yes if you are using the 2005 ecu you`ll need the piggy back KS adapter.
    on the 03`s I would get rid of the extra resonator on the exhaust.
    change the water reducer disc to "Yellow", you will have more heat from more RPM`s.
    Last edited by Pale Rider; 08-06-2007 at 04:49 PM.

Thanks PR.. I am doing this a little at time and that was a good list of things to do. So, from what I am hearing.. bottom line, I can put the ECU right now with out any other mod and have no performance issues and can possible pick up few MPH. With that said the combination of other mods is where I get a real performance increase from my GTX 03 (Limited). Thanks again for the help.

Quote Originally Posted by gwaddle View Post
    Did you have much of a performance increase? and did you have any engine temp issues....thanks again for the help!!

We did a few mods at the same time.We did a 215hp conversion with a Rotax fan and ran 69.3 and we had no temp issues.

Don't do to fare with the cast pistions that is why we stoped with what we have.

Quote Originally Posted by gwaddle View Post
    Thanks PR.. I am doing this a little at time and that was a good list of things to do. So, from what I am hearing.. bottom line, I can put the ECU right now with out any other mod and have no performance issues and can possible pick up few MPH. With that said the combination of other mods is where I get a real performance increase from my GTX 03 (Limited). Thanks again for the help.
    in my opinion you should not install the ecu until you atleast get the RR fuel press reg and a air filter mod so the engine can get more air. I haven`t ran a machine soley with the ecu and no mods, I can say that the 215HP ecu`s are mapped for more fuel to keep the air fuel ratio`s in check with the amount of boost the 215 HP models would make...
    There is some variances built into the mapping but why chance your ski running to lean/rich...
    you would def gain more speed just by the added rpm`s, but to get the maximun benefit of the 215hp ecu you have to mimick those models. as Mitch mentioned the 185 HP have cast pistons, they will hold up if you don`t get to crazy with the boost. so far I know of 6-7.5 psi of boost was ok if your starting with a mechanically sound engine with moderate hours. I wouldn`t be adding lots of power add ons if your engine hours are high. There have been some here who have been lucky and didn`t have any failures, but one weak point is the valves and head as you get up over 100+ hours...another variable is if this ski rode in salt water most of it`s life.
    one thing to do is a compression and leak down test to see how healthy the engine is... happy wrenching!...PR...

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information