07 rxp 20 hours cavatates but runs 70mph

hey guys my rxp cavatates bad out of the whole like it's a clutch slipping on a car but it eventually hooks up and runs 70 mph on speedo at 8120 rpms. do u think my wera ring is shot ? also makes a rasttling sound from prop when idling on trailer also noticed after a ride that the ride plate is really hot to put ur hand on . any ideas thanks

Quote Originally Posted by chokehold View Post
    hey guys my rxp cavatates bad out of the whole like it's a clutch slipping on a car but it eventually hooks up and runs 70 mph on speedo at 8120 rpms. do u think my wera ring is shot ? also makes a rasttling sound from prop when idling on trailer also noticed after a ride that the ride plate is really hot to put ur hand on . any ideas thanks
    Check the wear ring and nose cone of the prop!

sounds like a wear ring have u sucked up any stones?
    look up the intake grate or take your pump of and have a look ,check your impellar to
    mine was shot to hell but i still had good top end

i can see some knicks on the prop from underneath . how do i check nose cone?

+1
    Definately sounds like the wear ring. I noticed some cavitation in mine earlie today. Late this afternoon, it took a turn for the worse. It is now somewhere in that river in the sky, playing with all the other long lost wear rings. May it rest in piece. *tears*

how much would it cost to change wear ring and is it warranty? do i need special tools ? thanks

+1
    $40-60 for a new plastic one. $180 for a stainless one. you can go through plastics every week depending on how you ride. stainless are a lot more durable as you can see by the price. simply take the pump off, take the two halves apart, put the 1 half in the freezer that has the wear ring, after 1 hour or less the plastic wear ring will slide out with ease.

ok put a new wear ring in the other had gouges in it . prop had a few knicks nothing major. when i gop to pull a skier out of the water sea -doo cuts out or is cavatating rpms go up to 8200 which i think is high .when not pulling it doesn't seem to do it. any ideas? thanks

i have the same problem, when i WOT from dead stop it cavitates and shows ~8200 rpm, but when i reach about 15-20mph it goes awesome and tops 70mph on dreamometer..the wear ring is new, no carbon seal leaking, the prop is in normal condition too..soon i'll try to install riva intake grate and solas 13/18 impeller, i think that will solve the problem. P.S. my RXP is totally stock now ( of course metal washers included )
    Last edited by RNX; 08-12-2007 at 02:55 PM.

Thread Information