94 750SL problems

I am at a loss and dont know were to start. We purchased 2 750SL's about 2 months ago.. They both ran fine for about a week and both died at the same time. I got new pumps and put them in and one of them ran. It ran for about 30 minutes and then wouldent start again. We replaced all the lines and drained the gas and put in fresh gas. It ran great for about 30 minutes and then wouldent start again.?? I have replaced the plugs..i bypassed the selector switch checked all the lines...i dont know were else to start....they ran fine for the first week just a little rough starting....anyone got any suggestions ???

She likes the bike. But the ski gets her wet!!!! xlint89's Avatar
    +1
    Welcome to the Hulk. First you need to find out if you have spark and fuel flowing. Does it start if you pour a little premix down the carb throats?That will tell if you have a fuel issue. Also try using a spark tester or ground a plug to the head bolts when cranking to see if you have spark. My guess would be fuel related first. Most likely plugged fuel filters, either in line or in the carbs themselves. Either way, I would go through them completely just for preventative maintainence. Also consider new fuel hoses and inspecting the fuel selector valve and fuel pump.

Yes it has spark that has been checked...when i feed the carbs with carb cleaner it trys to start..so i agree it seems like fuel...the pump seems to be working and pumping fuel but i could be wrong..its brand new.. the main filter and fuel seperater have been bypassed for the moment to try to figure this out..were is the filter on the carbs? im new to this but i am pretty machanical...so if i get a little guidence i can probably figure it out

She likes the bike. But the ski gets her wet!!!! xlint89's Avatar
    +1
    The filters are internal, 1 for each carb. You'll need to remove the carb rack via 12mm nuts on the bottom of the carbs. A stubby wrench works best to get at them. The filters are on the back side of the carbs, however, you should go through them completely and clean all orifices. A manual would be nice if you are going to do work yourself.

Thread Information