Thread: intake filters

intake filters

what yeilds best performance.

1. stock filter setup?

2. Cone filter setup? (one cone filter for each carb)

3. Oval filter setup that sits over top both carbs?

or should i go the Factory Pipe setup. They say dont change the intake setup when using it so im trying to figure out what is the best choice and bang for the buck here

best setup

Contact BIll O Neal at watercraft magic...http://pwctoday.com

He has a jet kit that is simply out of this world, great performance, great starting an suberb accelleration!

Get the whole deal...simply ROX!

anyone on this subject?

99 XPL

Ask the guy on the 99 XPL that I took to the cleaners a few hours ago, or ask the guy on the Kawasaki ULTRA that saw nothing but my A$$ for the first 200 Meters, or you can ask the guy with the 96 XP that has never been beat by a GSXL...before today!

I know it is going out on a limb...listen to me, buy it and do it in its entirety!

It will be like you got a completely new jetski...

I am not kidding!!!

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by amdeus View Post
    what yeilds best performance.

1. stock filter setup?

2. Cone filter setup? (one cone filter for each carb)

3. Oval filter setup that sits over top both carbs?

or should i go the Factory Pipe setup. They say dont change the intake setup when using it so im trying to figure out what is the best choice and bang for the buck here

The after market flame arrestors, along with a change in jetting for your carbs, will give you a gain in performance over the the more restrictive stock system. I've found on my 951 & 1050 set-up's that the Individual cone shape PROKs and the one piece R&D Pro Flow Power Plenum work about the same.

What kind of ski do you have?

Dan (DRB)

a 95 xp 720cc. there not bad for stock, i was ridding today and could accell faster then these two yamaha 3 seaters today. both only had one person on them and were 2005 editions. im gonna do a rebuild this winter of rings bearings so on and so on. and was looken at stuff to get. dont wanna spend the money for a new ski and find more pleasure in moding and knowing i did the work more then anything. im also looken at the factory pipe but they say on there site dont use nuttin but stock intake for them.

Warner Robins, GA Home of the 2007 All-Star Little League World Champions!
    im also looken at the factory pipe but they say on there site dont use nuttin but stock intake for them.
    They are right, don't install flame arrestors or a milled head. Their pipe is very fuel critical, on 720 engines, and even if you run your ski low on gas enough to start the engine stumbling, you will sieze a piston.

Sure you will gain better performance with flame arrestors, but...the pipe was not designed to run with a less retrictive intake system. You can compensate by jetting richer, but I've had buds with 720's that went this route and always had headaches because they had no reliability. It would randomly sieze.

So if you are sure you want to keep this ski versus finding an 800 engined hull, I would just pipe it, and rejet according to FP's recommendations, and leave it alone. The FP pipe by itself will give you better performance than flame arrestors and a milled head.

ok heres what im trying to do. i wanna fit my ski with best performance parts i can. i would like to swap to a 800 with raves but no one said anything in my other thread about how to do it. i figured the motor should be at least pretty close to same bolt patterns since the hulls are the same

Warner Robins, GA Home of the 2007 All-Star Little League World Champions!
    ok heres what im trying to do. i wanna fit my ski with best performance parts i can. i would like to swap to a 800 with raves but no one said anything in my other thread about how to do it. i figured the motor should be at least pretty close to same bolt patterns since the hulls are the same
    They aren't. You will have to fiberglass in the new spots. SD used a completely different top portion of the bottom hull to accomodate the different locations. Ignitions are different too.

It would be much easier to find an 800 hull. And well worth the effort. I'd sell what you have and use the cash to apply toward a 96XP or a 97-99SPX.

ah see i just bought it like a month ago. oh well no big deal me and the family use it for riding around on and pulling a small tube behind it. it does that well so prob just go for the factory pipe and call it quits at that.

Thread Information