Anyone comments?

I bought a broke 96 waveventure 1100 for 600 dollars. I thought was a good deal? am i right? But anyway i bought after market waterbox and pro series reeds from boyenson along with a 50 over topend kit? anyone know how fast this thing will be? Was buying all this worth the money? I have read milling the head will help also is that true?

the venture was basicly the big ski of yamaha lineup back in 96.. it should be a very comfortable ski to ride but not the svelt ski the raider's or the gp's were .. meaning not as fast or manuverable.. I d say to run mid 50's be about max. stock for that ski...

Did you get the ski with the 50 over kit and the rest of the stuff for the 600.00?
    Was it determined by your machinest that it needed that large of an over bore? or are you just wanting more umph??... do yourself a favor, have the crank checked tured and welded by a shop known for solid work..have the head milled to match your over bore and get the 'squish" set properly too
    Last edited by w/rpm500; 08-05-2007 at 08:11 PM.

actually i ma a mechanic and crank is true the 50 over kit was cheaper than the .25 and 75 over by 200 dollars....yeah tell me about it. but u think the 65-70 mph is out the queestion. what about a the 1100 motor in a gp800?

050 is probly the max anyone would take this safely with out a resleeve... it was probly. cheap 'cause no one purposly bores one that large unless its a band aid job ...
    find a cheap block, dont do one thats possibly a 010 over unit ,YOU DID CHECK IT RIGHT??? check with some of the old school guys and see if they got a good canidate for a 050 over) .. no, IMT, you wont see 60 on this ..., the pump on a VENTURE will only process so much and again the 3 seater is heavy than a gp or a raider..an 1100 in a gp800 would get you closer, but I only see a few dedicated old school gurus doing 60 and above consistantly,running maxed 1200's motors with lots of r&d in their set up's...
    Hey who know's... you might hit the right combo right of the bat...Riding ol'old school as I do...I say GO FOR IT!!
    Last edited by w/rpm500; 08-05-2007 at 10:51 PM.

cheatin' piston popper addicted's Avatar
    +1
    Those cylinders can go up to 84mm easy. that's a tiny overbore

Any engine or pump mods for a raider or gp will apply to you, so read up. 60 is not out of the question, but 70 definately is, at least with out a HUGE motor and alot of time tweaking the hull.

An 1100 motor in a gp800 hull would work, since outside the 1100 and 1200's are pretty much identical, but it all depends on how crazy you want to get.

cool thanks, Any easy tricks you know please let me know i have a polaris 780 also, but like the look of yamaha and was cheap. Maybe i could help you out also.?!?!? thanks I still hate that i can't come close to beating my buddies ultra 150 but ohwell i guess i can hold the ladies lol!!!!!!!!!!!!11

cheatin' piston popper addicted's Avatar
    +1
    On the 1100 I woud go with gp1200 carbs and intake, they bolt right up. I am working on jetting still, but I am very, very close, and it has yeilded approx 500 rpm's over the stock 38's. Shaving the head to raise comp. will help woth the holeshot, 1200 flywheel and cdi will help make soem more power and run cooler, ect, ect. Startr reading. just about anyhing in this section can be applied to your motor and pump.

+1
    If you have the early GP Hull its not that hard to do.
    You can run low 60's on gps with lots of grunt.
    Simply turn the 1100 motor into a 1200 and swap out all the 800 stuff for 1200 stuff it would be faster than the wave venture by about 10 mph.

w/rpm500 and addicted are talking apples and oranges inch/mm
    .5mm over is fine.

For $600 you could rebuild the venture on invest some more and go GP tons more fun.
    Waveventure for rough water other than jumping.

SD

Thread Information