Unhappy Cant get past 3500 RPM's!!!! Why?

It's a 96 kawasaki 750 STS and it had been sittin for like a year and a half but it only had less than 50 hours on it just the elements hurt the outside. I took the plugs out and cleaned their connection boot sealant on spark plug boots. It had a half tank of gas in it and i put a half of a can of seafoam in the gas and topped it off with premium. Ran perfect first day out. 2nd day ran good for like 15 mins then i couldnt get past 3500 RPM's. It sound like its flooding then the ski shakes real bad like the motors jerking from side to side under me. Do i have something cloggin the fuel lines? Or what? Kinda lost guys.

Ok guys its not working out for me i cant figure this out can someone input something? Thanks

South East Kansas
    My guess is fuel lines, when the rpms go up the vacuum cant give it enough fuel. What does it do without a load on it?? If it revs fine when its out of the water then it should be fuel.

Im going to drain the tank when i get home and clean out the carbs and change fuel filter(someone recommended clening carbs) i guess i was just trying to avoid that at all costs. I have a strong feeling its the fuel filter. And we'll see what happens when i get home. Thanks for the input.

Southeast Ohio
    Adding good gas to bad gas is like adding half gallon of good milk to half gallon of bad milk. You still have bad milk!

Fuel issues = blown engines. I would go through the entire fuel system just to be sure.

Can you post some pictures of the spark plugs?

dont have camera for pics but the plugs looked like a blackish color. Time for new plugs. it has like 45 hours on original plugs. I took them out and sanded the tips for better spark (I just wanted to know if it would run before i put too much money into it.) So now yes im going to check every part of the fuel system If i get a chance for some pics i'll post em up.

Thread Information