Unhappy Beach House Sponsons Broke

Hi guys, this is my first post here, and I feel kind of bad asking for help right away, but here goes. A few years ago, I got some Beach House Sponsons for my 1998 Pro 785. Today, I went out for a few minutes, and I'm driving in a straight line, and all of a sudden, the Pro just jerks to the left suddenly, almost flipping me over the handlebars. I look down and to the left, only to see that my beach house sponson is completely bent over. I only made one serious turn, and I was doing my usual pace across the lake before I start riding hard. What happened, is that the backing plate that mounts between the sponson plate and the hull itself broke where the first two screws were. I thought that Beach House had a lifetime warranty for breakage on these sponsons, but I can't seem to find anything related to beach house anymore. Their website sponsons.com is no longer theirs. I even have the original box it was shipped in, along with the packaging order. I called the number there, and I got some residential number. I found some numbers at pwctoday from an older thread, and one lead to hotperformance or something (I have the number written down), and the other was DCed. So, what's the deal? Where did Beach House Sponsons go? It was a terrible weekend, I hardly got to ride. I go back to college soon too, so my season is almost over. =( Did beach house go bye bye? Even though they broke, they were sweet sponsons.

Welcome to the Green Hulk Forums!!!

It looks like Beach House is still in business because everybody is still selling them. You might try to call some place that sells them and ask if they can give you a phone number for warranties.

http://www.atlanticjetsports.com/hull-1.htm

Let us know what you find out.

Thanks, I never thought about that. The whole PWC thing seems to be slowing down, a lot. I figured those were just outdated pages. I'll give it a shot after work tomorrow.

Wankel till I die!! jonjonwells's Avatar
    If I remember right, they stopped selling direct. You have to go through a distributor now. This may explain all the dead pages. Give Jay a call, he should be able to hook you up.

Yeah, they don't sell direct anymore. I got them though. I called the guys at http://hotperformanceusa.com. They don't sell direct, but he has a buddy who has a shop that sells individual. I guess if you need them, you can call them and ask for Tom. I just got their last pair of 98 slx pro 785 sponsons, yay. They don't honor the old warranty anymore, however. It was a bummer to spend 180 dollars on sponsons again (and now 400+ on an aluminum handpole for my kaw 750 sxi) all in one week, but I guess it happens. =[

+1
    Same exact thing happend to me on my pro....also beachouse sponsons.

I used a heat gun and bent the sponson back to where it should be and haven't had a problem.

Thread Information