Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Talking Leo's hull trueing

Well it I got my StageIII back from Leo in Tampa almost two weeks ago tested like four days later and all I can say it is worth every penny it feels better out of the hole and i gained .8mph. He also gave me some tips for my Pro-Block offs which should yield some speed

So if you want to squeeze all the speed out of your hull Leo is the guy to call.

+1
    You can't feel any diff. out of the hole with trueing and .8 mph 4 days later doesn't prove anything

TRIPLE PIPES ARE 2-STROKE TURBOS allcool's Avatar
    Leo did my hull truing, his holeshot kit, added the R&D tunnel kit, tweaked my grate, plate angle, pump shoe and an all around hull massage ...gained a solid 2.5 mph gps. All with a half tank of fuel.

After Leo was done with the hull job, took out the 2 washers on all 4 trim tab bolts I previously needed to stop the bounce.

Now no bounce/buck at all. SWEET!

Even with much more ride plate angle the boat handled and accelerated noticeably better... along with a 2.5 mph speed increase

Still can't figure out why no mater what I did, I was still slower than Leo on MY boat.
    We weight the same.
    We did both get the same speed increase, just Leo's # was always higher than mine
    He did give me some riding tips/stance, will try next time I finally get to ride my gpr again.

Must be in his blood,
    or maybe he just fits a gpr perfectly
    something’s up with that guy Leo and a gpr,
    he is one fast mofo that knows his way around a gpr hull

allcool
    Last edited by allcool; 08-06-2007 at 10:29 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by jawz View Post
    .8 mph 4 days later doesn't prove anything
    I agree with that also. Not to say you didn't gain anything, but 0.8 mph seems like too small of a gain to be able to confirm it was all because of truing the hull. I see 0.5mph~1mph come and go very easily depending on wind direction, wave direction, weather, etc. and without my RPM changing. And that will be all in the same ride, 4 days later makes it tough to get the exact same conditions...very doubtful.

Sounds like Leo does good work though.

+1
    wrong............. i gained 1 mph with leo trueing my hull same temps,wind rider position. if you ride like the Florida boys you know you ski well and know the difference..... its works bottom line and the price is right

Trueing your hull will gain you speed, no matter what kind of boat. PERIOD. And true all the rest of them parts under there too!

Quote Originally Posted by CARVER View Post
    Trueing your hull will gain you speed, no matter what kind of boat. PERIOD. And true all the rest of them parts under there too!
    From past readings I've heard of RXP guys truing their hulls and rideplates and not gaining anything noticible, but if you guys are gaining then more power to you.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by CARVER View Post
    good point

+1
    Thanks,chezzy,allcool,8nr.

Talking

Well all i know that the sh*t worked for me and like all the non-believers out there that said my boat can't be doing the speeds i say , well at MBIII i did take second place on four strokes running against ski that people say run 83+mph all day long . And down here in florida there still no 4-stroke that has shown up in our events that can beat my RXP . But since Leo did my hull my RXP is doing 59mph all day long at 6600rpms .

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information