Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Has anybody tried the Riva 2 degree wedge?

Any body have the 2 degree wedge in their RXP/RXT/GTX.?...PR...

+1
    I did, but took it out , and sold it to skip SC. Those come with all Riva stage one kits. Skip SC really likes that wedge on his RXT.

Quote Originally Posted by psycho rxp
    I did, but took it out , and sold it to skip SC. Those come with all Riva stage one kits. Skip SC really likes that wedge on his RXT.
    well I`m currently using the R&D 2.5 and wanted to know if there was any differences, which one is better or worse. While I had my nozzle off again ...PR...

+1
    I think he has tried both, and said the 2.0 handles better, and is not too much angle. I'll have him chime in here in a few.

I have the 2 but never tried the 2.5. I do notice that with my trim all the way down it sits even, neutral.

I run a total Riva Stage 2

Had the Riva wedge on...Took it off after 2 months since it porpoised a lot and I was tired of leaning way over the front to keep hooked up even with a full tank.

Even for the gain in mph, I felt it wasn't required for my style of riding. As soon as I took it off, I noticed a better holeshot and was much happier. That's my 2 cents.

Will

Quote Originally Posted by FullThrottle
    I run a total Riva Stage 2

Had the Riva wedge on...Took it off after 2 months since it porpoised a lot and I was tired of leaning way over the front to keep hooked up even with a full tank.

Even for the gain in mph, I felt it wasn't required for my style of riding. As soon as I took it off, I noticed a better holeshot and was much happier. That's my 2 cents.

Will
    I know there is a difference reaction between the RXP and the RXT/GTX hulls, even with the 2.5 I don`t get any porpoising. I`m a recreational rider mostly 2 up most of the time. I agree that if you nail it hard from a stand still , it will stand up on end and drop quick, so I gradually take off then hit it...PR...

EZ Dock of Long Island Shibby1485's Avatar
    +1
    you know the PPG 2.25 pump wedge? well i dunno wtf the tool is called, one of those mad tiny accurate measuring micrometer thingys.... i'm retarded, but anyway...

measured the difference between the PPG 2.25 and the R&D 2.5 wedge... the difference in thickness of the top thinner part was ZERO....

the difference between the lower thicker parts was 23 thousandths... 0.023 inches

Quote Originally Posted by Shibby1485
    you know the PPG 2.25 pump wedge? well i dunno wtf the tool is called, one of those mad tiny accurate measuring micrometer thingys.... i'm retarded, but anyway...

measured the difference between the PPG 2.25 and the R&D 2.5 wedge... the difference in thickness of the top thinner part was ZERO....

the difference between the lower thicker parts was 23 thousandths... 0.023 inches
    but the 2 deg to 2.5 deg should be noticeable, eh?...PR...

EZ Dock of Long Island Shibby1485's Avatar
    +1
    in my opinion.... no... i been thru them all and notice ZERO speed change and zero handling change.

no matter what i do, if i nail my ski WFO from a standstill, it gets unhooked from the water and bounces 3-5 times before it recovers and stays hooked up regardless of what wedge i use.

have not tried it with no wedge in a longggg time, or since mods have been isntalled

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information