Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Front seat intake

Ok...so I read through many posts and decided that the front seat intake was the one to go with...now how exactly does it work and where exactly would be the best place for my filter to end up?? and If you have pics that would be very much appriciated...I am just confused on exactly where to route this thing...

Also what should I do about the front seat vent? should I remove the stock one and take my intake right up and attach it to that hole and not use a filter just stick a pre filter on the opening? or should I take it off and just put the filter right by it but not completely sealing it to still allow for hull ventalation? I mean, I am very confused could someone please tell me Exactly what to do as this is pretty much my first mod...besides OPAN blacks and ride plate hole filling. Thanks

38 hits and nothing....I know I have beaten this to death guys but I am so confused on exactly what to do with this front seat intake...and I have searched and saw that a lot of people have done this but the way they explained it confused the shit out of me ...thanks!

+1
    what i found safe and effective is to run a 3" flexible tubing either aluminum or rubber whatever you wanna use, plumb it into the top side of the front seat vent, so you will be taking in on the top of the vent, the vent is in there for a reason so you dont want to block it off and use it just for intake air, i have found that i dont have water intrusion into my intake and the functionality of teh front seat vent is still there, i do not have pics at this time, but basically take teh vent out cut a hole in teh top and plumb your tubing into it, you can cover the end of the tube with a prefilter to block alot of the water but you really dont need an air filter, the stock airbox doesnt even have one, hope this helps, alot of people do alot of different things so just try somethin and if you like it stick with it

so something like this ...

drawn looking at the vent...

when you say cut a hole do you mean cut a hole where I have red in teh drawing to the right?? and then just secure a 3" peice of tubing (maybe a 4" would fit also??) to it?? or something else?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	vent_121.jpg 
Views:	56 
Size:	14.4 KB 
ID:	2528  

and also where would be a goo dpalce to stick the rectafier...?

I am going to make the intake out of PVC pipe so could I also use the pvc 45* and 90* or should I use the silicone "turbo intercooler" couplers?? The PVC 45* and 90* bends are about 1/4 the cost of the couplers...does it matter?? what is everyone else using?

EZ Dock of Long Island Shibby1485's Avatar
    +1
    my rectifer and catch can.. when u remove the stock air intake, there is a hose that goes from the TOPS valve to the air intake hose... when u remove the stock air intake, u got no place to put that vent hose... thus a catch can. i mounted mine together on the back of fire extinguisher panel.

air intake....PVC is fine... whatever floats your boat... i used industrial 4" flex hose

check out the pics attached to this post: ....
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	dsc00208_898.jpg 
Views:	38 
Size:	543.5 KB 
ID:	2535   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2-18_002_871.jpg 
Views:	69 
Size:	523.0 KB 
ID:	2536   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	dsc00094_959.jpg 
Views:	39 
Size:	584.5 KB 
ID:	2537  

Yeah I will probably go with the flex hose as you can make it any shape/ anlge you want. Where is everyone getting there hose? I saw someone got some 3" smooth bore flex tubing from Napa but I searched there store website and it didnt show up. Does anyone know the exact name to search? thanks!

and where is a cheap place to get a oil breather/ catch can??

u can get that catch can from jaz products. the part number is 605-375-05 and phone number is 1-800-525-8133.

heres info u can read about. http://cjsupra.kendra.com/PCV-Can.html

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information