Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    Will work on YOUR ski for FREE! GeoRXT's Avatar
    +1

Power filter, wegde and resonator out install.

I finally got to take it out today. Really big difference in acceleration
    Accelerates like a bullet! I put in the power filter, the wedge and since I have not received the RR power pipe but had already taken out the resonator I put in a 5 1/2" piece of stainless steel pipe to reconnect the factory exhaust in.

The difference for me is night and day in acceleration! Does not really go faster on top, 71 mph (non-gps) yeah yeah I know I need one! But the revs held up strong at 8100. Spikes of 8150 and 8200 were seen quite a bit. Water temps were about 77 and air temps about 79-80.

It also felt like I had put a new suspension on it and dropped it! It rides really low and kinda stuck to the water now thanks to the wedge.

I can trully say I am happy with the outcome

Now its time for the new supercharger impellar and solas impellar. How do you like the sound since you took the resonator out. Mine is Loud!!! Get OPAS blocks to.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by JRW1484
    Now its time for the new supercharger impellar and solas impellar. How do you like the sound since you took the resonator out. Mine is Loud!!! Get OPAS blocks to.
    Sound is great....yes loud! At a constant 3000 rpm it is totally annoying! Good thing I dont cruise at that speed.

I want both those mods you mentioned. But I think I will need the prop first. I feel like I need it. When I punch it, for about 2-3 secs it tries to go but doesn't and then BAM!

you only need 5.5"s to fill the void of the resonator?? Did you have to flare the ends any to keep the clamps on?? Or should you run a weld bead around th very end of the pipe just to raise it up so the clamp doesnt slip off? or is it secure with just the pipe?

You need to repitch your impeller and you will see more top speed.
    The speedometer only goes to 70 so you will never get top speed by going by it. Get an extrex legend.

Good to have another RXT tweaker

+1
    Geo rxt
    and since I have not received the RR power pipe but had already taken out the resonator I put in a 5 1/2" piece of stainless steel pipe to reconnect the factory exhaust in.
    I hope your by pass pipe has the ends flared so the clamps won't come off,as I tryed this once, and the exhaust pressure blew the rubber hose off the pipe, and My ski sunk, and FAST TOO!! After that I bought the riva flow thru piece with the flares. Well worth it for piece of mind. Hope this helps.

Psycho RXP

+1
    Actually it was an 8.5" pipe Im sorry. The tips were bent a bit at the muffler shop but not much. It held up nice today but i only took it out for a bit. And it's only a quick fix until I get my RR power pipe hopefully soon right Green Hulk! We speculate that it must be stuck at the border or something

I want that color screen gps with mapping and it's a bit expensice even on ebay. What pitch should I give it?

thats what I thought....do you think if I just ran a weld around both ends of the pipe to raise it about 1/8-1/4" that would be enough? or more? Ok so its 8 1/2" and exactly how does Riva Flare there pipe? or do the run a bead around like I was sayin? thanks

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by psycho rxp
    Geo rxt
    and since I have not received the RR power pipe but had already taken out the resonator I put in a 5 1/2" piece of stainless steel pipe to reconnect the factory exhaust in.
    I hope your by pass pipe has the ends flared so the clamps won't come off,as I tryed this once, and the exhaust pressure blew the rubber hose off the pipe, and My ski sunk, and FAST TOO!! After that I bought the riva flow thru piece with the flares. Well worth it for piece of mind. Hope this helps.

Psycho RXP
    I hope I get my RR pipe before Friday because Im taking it to the beach. I will have to check up on this because it was bent to fit, not to grab the hose

so what did you have to do to take out the resonator? just 8.5" pipe from a muffler shop?

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread Information