Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

+1

watebox elimination results

It looks like the exhaust gave me 1.5 to 2 mph over stock exhaust and I picked up 150-200rpm easy. I am 7800-7900 instead of 7600-7700 most days. I ran 67 right off the trailor with about 2 miles of warmup and full tank of gas.

68 with a half tank. The ski feels lighter in the water and never really feels like it bogs in tight turns.

Also, wanted to add this was done in the worst part of the day 2-3pm in the Florida heat and humidity.

+1
    Those are great speed and RPM numbers. Was your speed increase over stock or over the speed with the modified intake?

Who's elimination kit did you use ??

+1
    Those speeds are just adding the exhaust with my other mods and I am talking average speeds not peak. I have found through my own observations peak numbers do not mean crap really. Its the what can you run any given day in normal riding conditions and 66-67 I believe confidently. Before it was anywhere from 64-66 depending on many factors. I had complete stock exhaust.

68 was my peak speed with 1/2 tank of gas with 95F degree Florida weather, but I consistently could run 67 if I stayed in it and let the speed build and GPS catch up.

The runs were done with a 1/2 tank or more of fuel. The rpm gains are conservative to because there are days when low 7600 is the norm, but for two days I am bumping 7900 with some peaks above. 7850 is probably a good average.

Over a modified exhaust I do not know what the gains would be if any, but from stock exhaust it was huge.

Jason

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Chris288 View Post
    Who's elimination kit did you use ??
    mine, there is another post on here from me with pictures

+1
    How loud is it?

+1
    At idle its not bad since the exhaust is in and out of the water. Cruising is when it is the loudest, but I am getting used to it.

At WOT its not bad at all.

If you are off the ski it does not sound bad or real loud to other riders.

It sounds exactly like the clip that was posted. Its very different but I like it a lot.

Do not think Harley straight pipe sound it is nothing like that.

Jason

Does anyone have a step by step instruction on how to do this (with pictures)?

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Mitchlguzin View Post
    Does anyone have a step by step instruction on how to do this (with pictures)?
    I would get a shop manual before trying this or any exhaust mod.
    It's not as hard as it looks. I have not installed a straight through pipe but most of the parts you will need to remove are the same no matter if you use R-Rated's "U" pipe, Riva's exhaust pipe or a straight through pipe
    Remove:
    seat base, oil catch can,intercooler,exhaust hoses,primary water box, 2nd water box, exhaust manifold outlet (makes removing the primary water box much easyer) I also removed the supercharger belt cover. It gives you better access to the water hose on the front of the primary water box. After all this is removed, the straight through pipe fits between the exhaust manifold outlet and the outlet pipe that exits through the back of the hull. I also removed the exhaust outlet tip and the bolts that hold it to the hull. That will give you some wiggle room with the outlet pipe so you can get a coupler on it. Be sure to remove and save the brass fitting on the front of the primary waterbox. You will need it to attach the water line to the straight through pipe.

Formerly Ultra250 TN Aquaholic6801's Avatar
    +1
    Did you notice any more heat build up in the engine compartment?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information