Thread: my seadoo story

my seadoo story

i thought i would brag about how i got my 96 spx for free=D
    rich ass neighbor up the streat just thought it seized so he was on his way to the dump with it. he passes our house and my dad jsut starts talking random old people stuff and asks about the seadoo.
    he asks my dad "want it? i am pretty sure its F**ked so if u want to fiddle with it and see what u get it doesnt matter to me"
    dad looks at me and of course i said yes.
    press the start button and didnt even twich. bat was garbage, went and got a good one. tried it again and i thoguht for sure it was seized. the we decided to pull some shit out and look around.. (we have never been near one) my dad decide to try and turn the shaft and he gets it to move. he said ya it must be seized.
    i take out the spark plugs jsut to see them (ya i was bored and jsut looking around)
    desided to hit the start botton one more time in anger.. and holy FUCK i painted my ceiling in water! blew right out of that sparkplug holes. it was full of water.
    we kept turning it ovver till most of that water was out and sprayed it full of wd40. next day we started it right up first try and it ran.
    (at this point we had the death rev but we thought that was normal...)
    took it out to the lake and it ran great. i was the fastest jetski out there. i loved flying past that new yamaha=P

turns out the guy had it sitting at his cabin all winter totally full of water. amazing it didnt freeze and crack..
    my dad baught him a case of bear and he said we are even

Jug Inspector
    It's nearly impossible to not crack an aluminum engine that's filled with water. There's probably damage you can't see.

I was about to tell you that your bearings are shot, and your stator is probably on its way out. Then I realized that you're the guy with the "I need a new engine" thread.

You need all new bearings, seals, rings, wristpins, and a new stator wouldn't hurt.

Bryan

Quote Originally Posted by Ibreakstuff View Post
    It's nearly impossible to not crack an aluminum engine that's filled with water. There's probably damage you can't see.

I was about to tell you that your bearings are shot, and your stator is probably on its way out. Then I realized that you're the guy with the "I need a new engine" thread.

You need all new bearings, seals, rings, wristpins, and a new stator wouldn't hurt.

Bryan
    well if there are cracks would i loose major compression??

ya we got all that on the shopping list.
    crankset. piston needle bearings... seals rings... hone job
    stator?

Jug Inspector
    When you took the front cover off the MAG side, where the plug plugs into, did water come out? If so your stator is probably pretty rusted and on its way out.

Do you plan on doing this crank yourself?

Bryan

Quote Originally Posted by Ibreakstuff View Post
    When you took the front cover off the MAG side, where the plug plugs into, did water come out? If so your stator is probably pretty rusted and on its way out. not sure ill lookinto it..

Do you plan on doing this crank yourself? umm i think the plan is to buy a whole crankshaft set.. install it and take it in for a tuning and make sure we did everything right...

Bryan
    ryan

http://www.babbittsonline.com/pages/...2937/home.aspx
    i cant find this stator ur talking about...?

Jug Inspector
    5Armature Plate Ass'Y (superceed: 420886725)

Thread Information