Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: RR Thru Hull

RR Thru Hull

Just in the process of installing my RR thru Hull and Vortech SC impeller into my RXP.

With the Water Bypass Hose do I just block the thing up with a Bolt? Is there any reason why I cant just remove the hose under the Goose Neck/ Jpipe take out the T piece and put a straight bit of hose in between the 2 connections?

Also what does this pipe do? is it just to drian the Pipe?

I found a great tool to get the top bolt out of the supercharger, still took ages and cost a couple of knuckles.

[/img]
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	dsc00047_189.jpg 
Views:	40 
Size:	187.5 KB 
ID:	2542  

+1
    Yep, you can just plug the hose up, or take the "T" piece out of it. All it is is a drain.

Nice little tool! Been wanting to get myself one like that.

Thanks Hulk.

If you cant find a torq spanner set let me know and I will send you one.

Jas

+1
    I just asked Jerry this same question last night! I noticed that the pipe was up against the hull, and I actually had to remove a little foam to get it to mount up!

Id like to know how your installation went when your done Jasj !

Rendog, these things could do with some instructions Eh. If I get time I might try to write some.

I have done everything except cut the hole in the hull. (it got too late lastnight and I didnít want to rush it)
    I heated up an old carving knife with a blow torch to cut the foam out of the way it worked really well.

If I get time I will finish the install tonight or tomorrow and let you know.

I have been a bit apprehensive over how loud it is going to be. I started the ski briefly with the old rubber hose disconnected from the water box to get and idea and it is loud!! Suppose that is slightly louder than it will be with the pipe in. Its going to sound great.

jasj keep us posted on the end of your install

Right, Everything installed and tested

The water hose to the old exit does not need to be blocked off, Just unscrew the stock right angle brass fitting which connected the hose to the stock outlet. Undo the bolt at the end of the RR thru hull and screw the brass fitting into there and connect the hose with the stock clamp. I understand that this bypass hose is to take water out of the exhaust to help the flow.

Fitting the backing plate to the outlet was a bit of a pig too, I had to enlarge the screw holes a bit to help.

And if you don't have the right tool to remove the large VTS nut you are going to have to cut the black plastic muffler out of there. which is not easy if the only tool you have suitable is a Swiss army knife saw.

Results:- I put the ski in the water and left it on the trailer and ran it up to make sure she was water tight. No problems there.

The ski now sounds like it should do, The noise is only a bit annoying when you just get going, once moving it sounds great, I was apprehensive about doing this mod to the ski and making it too loud but I don't regret it one bit well worth doing.

I also fitted a Vortec SC impeller.. it was quite rough so I could not really open her up for long, but the impeller makes a hell of a lot of difference, scary fast on a rough sea.

+1
    The water hose to the old exit does not need to be blocked off, Just unscrew the stock right angle brass fitting which connected the hose to the stock outlet. Undo the bolt at the end of the RR thru hull and screw the brass fitting into there and connect the hose with the stock clamp. I understand that this bypass hose is to take water out of the exhaust to help the flow.
    Im a little confused on how you made this work! Any pics?

+1
    I wrote up an installation instruction page with pictures. Let me see if I can find it.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Fast-XPL
    I wrote up an installation instruction page with pictures. Let me see if I can find it.
    Sweet!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information