Thread: How many ECU's?

How many ECU's?

Can two ECU's be added to the MPEM so that we can swap them back and forth without having to program the ECU in with the BUDS each time?

I see an area in the BUDS program that seems to allow you to add multiple serial numbers... Unfortunately, I didn't have them both with so I wasn't able to try. Figured I would ask before I go back to the dealer.

Thanks.

EZ Dock of Long Island Shibby1485's Avatar
    +1
    the ECU does not get programmed to the MPEM...

you can put 950 different ECUs on your ski with the same MPEM and they will all work....

all that needs programming is the DESS KEY... that being said if you have 10 different ECUs laying around, jsut program the same key to all 10 ECus and you can plug and play and go everytime u swap

You the man Shib... O.K. just to clarify, and make sure 1 more time...

I put in the RXP ECU and had a key programed to it. (At the time he did it, it recognised the serial number on the ECU in the BUDS). Then I ran the boat and it ran good. I then went home and swaped out the RXP ECU and put the GTX ECU back in. When I did this a code came up on the screen and it would not start. When we hooked it back up to the BUDS, it said wrong ecu.

I used the RXP key for the RXP ecu and the GTX key for the GTX ecu, so your saying I need to have the same key programmed for both ecu's and it will start with both?

Quote Originally Posted by dochere195 View Post
    You the man Shib... O.K. just to clarify, and make sure 1 more time...

I put in the RXP ECU and had a key programed to it. (At the time he did it, it recognised the serial number on the ECU in the BUDS). Then I ran the boat and it ran good. I then went home and swaped out the RXP ECU and put the GTX ECU back in. When I did this a code came up on the screen and it would not start. When we hooked it back up to the BUDS, it said wrong ecu.

I used the RXP key for the RXP ecu and the GTX key for the GTX ecu, so your saying I need to have the same key programmed for both ecu's and it will start with both?

yes, have all your lanyards set up for both and no confusion, and one key for this one and one key for that one ...PR...

Thread Information