951 blew...upgrade or stay stock?

I've been fighting with a newly rebuilt engine that has run like crap since day 1, and finally sunday it let go... After checking around (which I should of done before the rebuild) it turns out the shop was known for reusing bearings and other parts to cut corners and make more money...So rather than continue to deal with any other headaches I'm just going to get a new engine from SBT and start with a known quality base. From what I've researched SBT has great support and quality engines so it seem like the appropriate route to go, not to mention they're just down the road from me.

My question is, is there anything I should go ahead and upgrade while I'm getting the new motor. I already have F/As and a jet kit and since I'm going to be making a substantial investment already I figure I might as well explore the idea of upgrades since I'll be keeping this ski awhile. I've already rebuilt the carbs and put in new fuel lines, so I wanted advice on upgrades to the engine/exhaust. Pump/prop/grate upgrades will come later, I'm namely concerned with stuff that I will be removing anyways so might want to just upgrade while im at it.

Ski: 00 RX 951

Jug Inspector
    Take a look at the first couple pages.

http://greenhulk.net/forums/showthread.php?t=33707

Bryan

Quote Originally Posted by jahkneefive View Post
    I've been fighting with a newly rebuilt engine that has run like crap since day 1, and finally sunday it let go... After checking around (which I should of done before the rebuild) it turns out the shop was known for reusing bearings and other parts to cut corners and make more money...So rather than continue to deal with any other headaches I'm just going to get a new engine from SBT and start with a known quality base. From what I've researched SBT has great support and quality engines so it seem like the appropriate route to go, not to mention they're just down the road from me.

My question is, is there anything I should go ahead and upgrade while I'm getting the new motor. I already have F/As and a jet kit and since I'm going to be making a substantial investment already I figure I might as well explore the idea of upgrades since I'll be keeping this ski awhile. I've already rebuilt the carbs and put in new fuel lines, so I wanted advice on upgrades to the engine/exhaust. Pump/prop/grate upgrades will come later, I'm namely concerned with stuff that I will be removing anyways so might want to just upgrade while im at it.

Ski: 00 RX 951
    http://www.babbittsonline.com/pages/...5/Sea-Doo.aspx
    oem new for only 200 ish more

+1
    Everyone has there opinion and you can't make everyone happy but i have had nothing but good luck from SBT. The 951's are touchy as is so keep it stock. For the bang for the buck you can't go wrong with SBT. These ski's are becoming worth less and less everyday. You really want to spend $2000+ for a motor from Bombardier?? Hell no. Get the extended warranty through SBT and ride it. You will probably have something new in 2 yrs anyway...

Jug Inspector
    What exactly "let go"?

Bryan

Thread Information