Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Valero Gas stations

I just got beat for a higher price than what was on the pump
    I needed fuel in the truck, so I pull into this valero station and see that regular is 2.53 and plus is 2.59, so I`m like WTF go for the plus,after I pulled away from the pump my wife reads the receipt for me and she says what did you put in hight test??? I`m like why, how`s about the co-ksuckers charged me 2.75 bc i used my check card. Rotten towel head bastards...I spit on you! .
    and as i continued along 206 south, ALL the no name brand stations had 2 prices, one for cash and one for credit...WTF my check card is as good as cash, who`s responsible for this boaneheaded move??? our assholes in government again!!!

firebomb your asss...PR...

+1
    PR, as a merchant they have to pay to take a credit OR debit card for a purchase.

I feel your pain, but this is the exact reason that it is higher.

I'm kind of a big deal SeanCucf's Avatar
    I haven't actually seen a gas station with different credit/cash prices since the 80's....

+1
    There are a bunch here in CA. They normally charge you 45 cents to use your debit or CC. Most of them are Arco, BP, Rotten Robbie.

Fat Man, Little Boat Region8Ultra250X's Avatar
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by Pale Rider View Post
    I just got beat for a higher price than what was on the pump
    I needed fuel in the truck, so I pull into this valero station and see that regular is 2.53 and plus is 2.59, so I`m like WTF go for the plus,after I pulled away from the pump my wife reads the receipt for me and she says what did you put in hight test??? I`m like why, how`s about the co-ksuckers charged me 2.75 bc i used my check card. Rotten towel head bastards...I spit on you! .
    and as i continued along 206 south, ALL the no name brand stations had 2 prices, one for cash and one for credit...WTF my check card is as good as cash, who`s responsible for this boaneheaded move??? our assholes in government again!!!

firebomb your asss...PR...

dude that must have been some backwoods gas station everything by me is same price cash/credit

i found a place on 30 that had regular for 2.49/gallon

+1
    most of the fuel stations along 75 ohio to fla have 2 prices one credit and one cash the cash being cheaper.. i say we just fly over there drop a few bang bangs and take there chit.

+1
    I have only seen two different gas prices for diesel at truck stops, cash is usually $0.02 cheaper than credit.

Was this on a Valero gas (credit) card or credit card?

This is interesting! I have never heard of this in my area? I guess there is more profit in the long run paying cash: Hoping customers buy other items in the station vs swiping a CC at the pump?

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Muddy River View Post
    This is interesting! I have never heard of this in my area? I guess there is more profit in the long run paying cash: Hoping customers buy other items in the station vs swiping a CC at the pump?
    The profit is almost the same either way for them. They are basicly charging you the fees that they have to pay as a CC merchant.

They like to word it as giving you a "cash discount", but that is not the case. The CC price is higher to cover their fees.

I would have to carry big cash with the large fuel tanks in my van and truck. This is F`ckng rediculous, it wasn`t this way for years and all of a sudden you gotta pay more. Besides my debit/check card is same as cash. The Sunoco station doesn`t charge me more. I reason I have the damn card is for fuel and food... what`s next? extra price for a stinkin watermelon ...PR...

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information