Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

anyone install new black wear rings yet?

has anyone installed the new black wear rings using the freezer method?...PR...

+1
    Just finished installing what appears to be an updated white style. It has small beveled edges on it vs the stock one that was removed. After letting the pump and ring both sit in a deep freeze for a while, the ring still refused to go in. We had to "press" it into the pump via small piece of wood and rubber mallet. On the old ring, after a short time in the freezer, the ring would basically fall out on it's own. This new one was no joke.

Part # was 267000372

Nonstop, all day, everyday. 01xdime's Avatar
    +1
    Any time you can help it i found that after removing the wear ring from the pump and letting the pump warm back up while freezing the wear ring to be installed usually helps somewhat. I have heard that the "new" wear rings are a bitch though.

after letting the pump lay in the 95 degree sun and and the wear ring in the freezer, it still wouldn't go in without using the shop press. Going in doesn't concern me, it's getting the new tight fitting ring out, looks like back to the sawzall method....

oh yeah, mine was white too and as wildchild described with a bevel on it.

+1
    RXPwildchild O1xdime is CORRECT! when REMOVING the WEAR RING U PUt THE WHOLE PUMP IN THE FREEZER. when u want to REINSTALL a wear ring u let the actual PUMP HOUSING warm back to room temp or outside temp if its warmer and ONLY PUT THE NEW WEAR RING in the freezer for the INSTALL PORTION. should make things MUCH EASIER and the WEAR RING will FALL BACK IN unless they are oversizing them a bit more now to stop them from slipping in the pump housing itself. good luck!!!!!!!!!!

Daayyyuuummmm! I guess I`ll find out when they get here . I know the 07`s are a biotch... My friend Dr Len just did his 06 RXT and it went right hit with a few taps, no bevel either...Since mine is an 04 I`m curious to see what the 267000104 looks like ...PR...

EZ Dock of Long Island Shibby1485's Avatar
    +1
    wanna know how we do it at the shop? ... can't tell, lol

but... we dont remove the prop, and we dont even remove the venturi, LMAO...

and, we dont use a press either... i'd say including pump removal, pump reinstallation, wear ring remove, and new wear ring install we're into the job for .... ah i can't say how many minutes, it doesn't justify the labor rate

... and there's no new 4-tec wear rings that are black... that's an OLDIE

the 104 goes right in PR... piece of cake

Quote Originally Posted by Shibby1485 View Post
    wanna know how we do it at the shop? ... can't tell, lol

but... we dont remove the prop, and we dont even remove the venturi, LMAO...

and, we dont use a press either... i'd say including pump removal, pump reinstallation, wear ring remove, and new wear ring install we're into the job for .... ah i can't say how many minutes, it doesn't justify the labor rate

... and there's no new 4-tec wear rings that are black... that's an OLDIE

the 104 goes right in PR... piece of cake
    Thanks Steve, where the H--- did I hear the news ones are black???...PR...

EZ Dock of Long Island Shibby1485's Avatar
    +1
    and the wear ring lenyy just installed... aren't made anymore.. must be leftover inventory whereever he bought it

Quote Originally Posted by Shibby1485 View Post
    and the wear ring lenyy just installed... aren't made anymore.. must be leftover inventory whereever he bought it
    that lucky SOB... ...PR...

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread Information