03 gtx sc how fast?

i have an 03 gtx sc and it only goes 54 mph @ 7200 rpm
    its got 70 hrs on it. how fast do they go new?
    i am thinking it may be the SCer washers slipping?

http://greenhulk.net/forums/showthread.php?t=15675

this might help with speed on gtx Question

Welcome to the board FL03GTX:
    Did you take a look at the prop and wear ring?...PR...

i just bought the ski used at a dealer. i just went back there today and what he said was the pump, prop, shaft was replaced, also he said he replaced the bearings & washers with the "reva rebuild kit" on the SCer.
    so i gotta ask if he updated it? also i just changed the plugs and took it out for a ride with 2 riders total weight of 310lbs on a slight chop
    its doin 50 mph @ 7200 rpm, with just me its doin 54-55 @ 7200 still. the tech was sayin that the speedo might be wacked out also.

+1
    ask him what prop he put in... or look at it, is it aftermarket????

Quote Originally Posted by FL03GTX View Post
    i just bought the ski used at a dealer. i just went back there today and what he said was the pump, prop, shaft was replaced, also he said he replaced the bearings & washers with the "reva rebuild kit" on the SCer.
    so i gotta ask if he updated it? also i just changed the plugs and took it out for a ride with 2 riders total weight of 310lbs on a slight chop
    its doin 50 mph @ 7200 rpm, with just me its doin 54-55 @ 7200 still. the tech was sayin that the speedo might be wacked out also.
    yeah, but your down 450 rpm`s... did they install the right prop...PR...

other than asking them again is there a way to tell what kind of prop is on there?
    i also dont think the dealer is goin to put out any extra $$ for any thing else but stock.
    also what & where is this wear ring? is it the white plastic thing around the prop?
    i sucked up a fishing luer in there 2 days ago the prop looks fine that plastic took a little
    beating tho. i took the back part of the jet off and pulled it out, there was some fine plastic
    shards and like too decent size chunks that came out.
    Last edited by FL03GTX; 08-08-2007 at 06:48 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by FL03GTX View Post
    other than asking them again is there a way to tell what kind of prop is on there?
    i also dont think the dealer is goin to put out any extra $$ for any thing else but stock.
    also what & where is this wear ring? is it the white plastic thing around the prop?
    i sucked up a fishing luer in there 2 days ago the prop looks fine that plastic took a little
    beating tho. i took the back part of the jet off and pulled it out, there was some fine plastic
    shards and like too decent size chunks that came out.
    heck yeah! if the wear ring is gouged up badly it`ll cost ya RPM`s also depending on profit margin on the aftermarket props. The catalogs list the stock props somewhere around 271 and you can get solas and skat for around 249, so who knows what they put in there. If it is aftermarket prop, it will have brand name and size stamped on the hub portion, ie: skat-trak 16\21...
    yeah, if you grooved out the wear ring change it...PR...

Thread Information