Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

2007 rxt not getting top speed please help

ok so i have an 07 rxt stock about 27 hrs i know speedo is not accurate, when i first finished the break in it went 70-71 after that i didnt do much riding in calm water to get top speed on it, then about 3 weeks ago i was in calm water but i had me 245lbs and my brother 180lbs on the ski and it went 65-66 mph this sounds normal to me . but this weekend i ran by myself in glass like conditions and it wouldnt budge past 62-63 and was at 7800-7840 rpms everything is stock and i changed the spark plugs with the 10hr oil change, what should i do?

thanks for your help

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by jamesrini79 View Post
    ok so i have an 07 rxt stock about 27 hrs i know speedo is not accurate, when i first finished the break in it went 70-71 after that i didnt do much riding in calm water to get top speed on it, then about 3 weeks ago i was in calm water but i had me 245lbs and my brother 180lbs on the ski and it went 65-66 mph this sounds normal to me . but this weekend i ran by myself in glass like conditions and it wouldnt budge past 62-63 and was at 7800-7840 rpms everything is stock and i changed the spark plugs with the 10hr oil change, what should i do?

thanks for your help
    welcome to the forum james, i'm sure you must have been watching this site for sometime, however this site will give you answers your dealer can't, i'd say you may need the wear ring replacing, and check the prop it can all be found on here, ps i change my wear ring every 12 hours to keep maximum propulsion and speed, regards bill, enjoy hulks site

wheres the best place to purchase one and how hard is the install

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by jamesrini79 View Post
    wheres the best place to purchase one and how hard is the install
    well james i'm in effin england i can't help you there, just look and talk to other members of this forum and you'll be well advised where the best places are, my place were i shop is hulks online store, its the dogs dangely bits. regards bill

ok thanks for your help i change the wear ring and see what happens

Is it hot in your area? There is a lot of heat fade going on lately with stock set-ups. Definately check your prop and wear ring. I have an 07 RXT and can't get past 7900 at this time! I noticed that going WOT the first 10 minutes after starting the RXT that I get my peak RPM's and then the heat kicks in!

+1
    Check out the online store for wear rings (OEM or Stainless steel).

Welcome to the forum James .

Stock speed is 64~65 but you really need to invest in a GPS. Unfortunately heat fade will slow you down but don't worry it affects all ski's not just yours .

Did you suck up anything? Like jetskibill sd check your pump for grooves in the wear ring or nicks on the prop.

I believe the wear ring for the '07 is diff than the '06 so I'll let the experts confirm; expect to spend $50+ at the dealer.

Good Luck,

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Flynfox View Post
    Welcome to the forum James .

Stock speed is 64~65 but you really need to invest in a GPS. Unfortunately heat fade will slow you down but don't worry it affects all ski's not just yours .

Did you suck up anything? Like jetskibill sd check your pump for grooves in the wear ring or nicks on the prop.

I believe the wear ring for the '07 is diff than the '06 so I'll let the experts confirm; expect to spend $50+ at the dealer.

Good Luck,
    fair play flynfox this man is new, i hope he finds his faults on here, regards a pisssesd bill

Quote Originally Posted by cbrich View Post
    Check out the online store for wear rings (OEM or Stainless steel).
    The online store doesn't list part #'s for the '07 nor does Riva. Will the '06 work?

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information