Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Poker Run

Poker Run

Anybody interested in trying to setup a poker run somewhere in central florida?

+1
    Sounds good to me. St. Johns is up so that would be a potential.

What were you thinking?

Banned User
    I like the St. Johns idea

have not thaught of an area yet, just trying to see if there was any interest.

St. John's sounds good UNLESS you make a wrong turn and get hopelessly lost (or stuck) and the gators find you. Isn't a poker run done ~one on one?~can see newbie's to the area getting lost. My experience is you about need a "Guide" getting around the SJ's with all the dead ends etc. My opinion is St.John's a good place for a group run/Lone Cabbage Fish Camp lunch get together.... but think another area such as the Indian River Lagoon would be a better place for a poker run. At least there are islands, mile markers, restaurants (bars ), boat ramps and parks where "cards" can be picked up.

that or one of the intercoastals.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by xcduetester View Post
    St. John's sounds good UNLESS you make a wrong turn and get hopelessly lost (or stuck) and the gators find you. Isn't a poker run done ~one on one?~can see newbie's to the area getting lost. My experience is you about need a "Guide" getting around the SJ's with all the dead ends etc. My opinion is St.John's a good place for a group run/Lone Cabbage Fish Camp lunch get together.... but think another area such as the Indian River Lagoon would be a better place for a poker run. At least there are islands, mile markers, restaurants (bars ), boat ramps and parks where "cards" can be picked up.
    We can be your guide. We know every inch of that River.

Banned User
    Quote Originally Posted by mtrager View Post
    We can be your guide. We know every inch of that River.
    I second that..

+1
    The whole idea of a poker run is having a group of boats leave a starting location, each with an information sheet telling them where to go to pickup a card to add to their poker hand. There is no "speed" involved, as long as all the entries complete the run in the allowed time span. I like the St Johns River and hate salt water but there are very few locations on the SJ's where cards could be picked up. I doubt if we would have any volunteers wanting to sit in a marsh waiting to hand out cards . If anyone has any ideas on where poker cards would be handed out please tell ! Just thinking to myself...Lone Cabbage and possibly one of the canal front homes on Lk Pointsett are about the only places where cards could be picked up. Going north from 46 there would be a more places, possibly homes, marinas, restaurants, many near or on Lk Monroe.

Richard

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by xcduetester View Post
    I was thinking North of Lake Harney where its very wide. Many places to sptop and eat all the way to Lake Monroe. Just as easy as the intracoastal would be.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information