random bogging problem

my posts all start to be kinda long so just try and bear with me...lol

ok....as i have had bad past experiences from the sea doo section , and i know some of you are familier with the carb setup for sea doo i have some questions......i was riding my 1993 sea doo xp (which is the same as the 1994 seadoo xp and spx and same as the 1995 spx) at my friends lake house it ran fine the first two days but then on the third day it started to bog if i help full throttle for more than ten seconds and as time went on it got worse so i decided to rebuild the carbs and i totally went through them...(i left the old springs in as i was told to do....) i put it back together and it was harder to start then before and when i got it started it still bogged.....?

i talked to paul at lehr performance watercraft and i told him that when it bogged i could pull out the choke and then push it back in real quick and the rpms would surge back up...but then just fall again. he said it could be something that clogged up the filters in the carb but when i just took them apart i looked at one and it looked fine and the inline fuel filter looks perfect...,? he also mentioned that my jetting might need to be changed...and if so what should i change it to?

i know yall can help me...so i know i can allready say thanks alot

David

www.springbreak-florida.com rgard32's Avatar
    it could be fuel lines.and also the fuel selector valve(if it has one)..as seadoos are notorious for bad ones....ALSO..it could be your rotary valve is worn pretty bad too..since it is old..

ps-edit---first thing i would check is that fuel selector switch if it has one....

yea, i checked the fuel selector valve and it looked really clean and im not sure how many hourers it has on it.....i didnt think that many but for all i know it could have a couple hundred hours on it....about how many hours till the rotary valves start to go bad?

and could it still be a rotarty valve problem if i could pull the choke and push it back in and have the problem go away? but then it would just bogg again

www.springbreak-florida.com rgard32's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by ugadawg131 View Post
    and could it still be a rotarty valve problem if i could pull the choke and push it back in and have the problem go away? but then it would just bogg again

if the carbs are good and all the lines and fuel selector is good......YES it could be the rotary valve....they get grooves in the rotary valve cover as they get old..cause of sloppiness..and the grooves can go from 1 side of the intake tract to the other......whats your compression..?

I have a SLT 750 doing the same thang, I can catch a wake and the back of the boat comes out of the water the RPM's will come up and runs fine.

She likes the bike. But the ski gets her wet!!!! xlint89's Avatar
    +1
    Check your compression Cat, and the impeller size. What's the numbers stamped on it?

xlint89 I'll check that the next time i get to the lake, one question for you on this. I didn't have this problem until i had it apart to replace the shaft bearing and seal, After that it ran great for about 5 min. and then it started. It was so bad at first I could hold a rope on the dock and full throttle it and hold it back, Replaced fuel filters,gas and plugs and it runs a little better. any help will be thankfull.

xlint89, I checked the compression this weekend front 114 mid 113 rear 114, what is it suppose to be.
    Any other ideas

Thread Information