Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: 2 things?

+1

2 things?

1) Ok since i took my ski in for its 10 hour the steering is now off center. Basically it pulls to the left a bit. If the wheel is centered then the ski goes to the right slightly..why?

2) if i do some donuts and submerge the ski alot after i straighten out sometimes it revs up then back down to maybe 5k and like stalls out on power then back up in revs again.
    Could it be sensing to much water in the air intake or something?
    If i get up to speed it runs fine again.
    It takes a few about 2-4 mins for it to run from a dig again at WOT??
    why?

its all stock with 28hrs and first oil change and service was done at 14hrs

Formerly Ultra250 TN Aquaholic6801's Avatar
    +1
    1) They are supposed to check all nuts, bolts, hoses clamps and fastners, at the 10 hour service,maybe the assembly was loose on you steering cable and they over adjusted it?

2) I have no Idea except maybe the off throttle steering?

Been around for years...seen it all Kawi-Guy's Avatar
    +1
    donuts?

+1
    Yes donuts.. where you spin in a really tight circle and the front end submerges under the water then you shoot straight out.. U boat captain..

no its not the off throttle steering i meaning i have it held WOT and it starts to take off then basiaclly dies to 4k rpms instead of 8k... then back up again.. big hesitation..

+1
    tyr a new set of plugs, does it stumble off the trailer then clear up some?

I installed the iridiums today, cleard my stumble up, but it was so freaking hot i didnt stay on the water , and I was down close to 250 RPMs.

I really enjoy doing those donuts and submerging the front end to, someone called it "burying the handlebars" in prior thread. Ive also wondered tho whether "goin U-Boat" risks suckin up water in to the engine. I never had a problem at all til this last ride where the engine sputtered a bit and then roared back to life. Is there a water ingestion risk with this manuver? It doesnt seem to cause any water seepage into the hull. I took the ski in for 50 hr service today and asked dlr to install new plugs. When he quoted $25 per plug I said Id wait tho. How often are you guys changin plugs, are these iridiums that much better than stock? What kind of iridiums exactly and how much are they? I do a lot of WOT and I have been maxing out at about 7800 rpm. I know plugs have been discussed on several other threads but since it came up again here on this thread I thought Id ask. Thanks.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Blue 182 View Post
    I really enjoy doing those donuts and submerging the front end to, someone called it "burying the handlebars" in prior thread. Ive also wondered tho whether "goin U-Boat" risks suckin up water in to the engine. I never had a problem at all til this last ride where the engine sputtered a bit and then roared back to life. Is there a water ingestion risk with this manuver? It doesnt seem to cause any water seepage into the hull. I took the ski in for 50 hr service today and asked dlr to install new plugs. When he quoted $25 per plug I said Id wait tho. How often are you guys changin plugs, are these iridiums that much better than stock? What kind of iridiums exactly and how much are they? I do a lot of WOT and I have been maxing out at about 7800 rpm. I know plugs have been discussed on several other threads but since it came up again here on this thread I thought Id ask. Thanks.
    CR9EIX, I got my under warranty, but they would have cost me $6.24 a piece if I had to buy them.

Silence! I Keel You! earthshaker's Avatar
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by Ultra250 Tn View Post
    CR9EIX, I got my under warranty, but they would have cost me $6.24 a piece if I had to buy them.
    Under warranty??? Don't you have like 50 something + hours?? Good to know if dealer put that on paper with using CR9EIX's!

What about the other stuff TN, how often do you change plugs and how certain are you the new ones will boost performance?

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by earthshaker View Post
    Under warranty??? Don't you have like 50 something + hours?? Good to know if dealer put that on paper with using CR9EIX's!
    I guess its because I do so much business with them , they take care of me, and I have 76 hours as of today.And i would probably say that they didnt put it down as the Iridiums,cause the stock ones are like 24.99 from them.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information