+1

Mods required for 8500rpm RXP

So far I've heard of bolts shearing off, Stock valves breaking, sc clutch a must, cam chain tensioner, blow off valve so it doesn't run to the moon when popping out of the water. Lets start a list of things we must upgrade before they cause problems.

Re: Mods required for 8500rpm RXP

Quote Originally Posted by rxpstan
    So far I've heard of bolts shearing off, Stock valves breaking, sc clutch a must, cam chain tensioner, blow off valve so it doesn't run to the moon when popping out of the water. Lets start a list of things we must upgrade before they cause problems.
    I`m pretty sure the consensus of the BOV was not to use it...do a search on that, and read all the info...PR...

+1
    We haven't used one yet, just wondering if the boost helps the motor rev toward 10,000 rpm when it comes out of the water. 13lbs around 8300, 16 lbs around 9300, 19 around 10,300. Is the boost helping us get past the motors limits? Just trying to find ways to prevent KAAAAABOOOOOM!

+1
    I have the RR retainers, RR cam gear, RR valve shims, and even the RR tensioner (not sure if this will be used yet) Should be a good start for the reflashed RR ECU, to hold 8500rpms pretty reliably.

Re: Mods required for 8500rpm RXP

Quote Originally Posted by rxpstan

Stan,I road all last season with stock valve train at 8,400-8,500 and one even had stock clutch without a problem one.Hope it goes as good this year.

+1
    Good job Mitch what have you broken? We lost clutch, front charger bearings, Drive shaft boot / carbon seal. We have been lucky also. Would like to find all the upgrades needed, so when we take the motor down we upgrade.

Nothing yet but I put a rock through both of them.That is a job replacing pump shoe

Thread Information