Page 1 of 11 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Angry I Hate My SeaDoo Dealer

My washers just blew at 31hours. Had metal ones on the way but they were on back order and got a day to late. Soo I droped it a the dealer and gave them the metal ones and they installed them and said it was fixed. I went and picked up the ski to day and it had aleast 10 new scratches, the cowlin was droped on the ground and gouged the seat cover with the number was missing paint, the gel coat has atlest 9 new scratches, the whole engine is covered with oil. Basicly looks like sh!t. I asked them if anything happend to the engine from the washers blowing and they said that there is a SCREEN to protect it. Put the ski in the water and I guess its up to speed 7950rmp at 69 with stock spedo. But I ear a banging at WOT, is this normal??? What should I do about my scratches?? Can you buff gel coat?? Should the dealer replace my cowl?? Is that baning gona blow my engine?? Is there really a screen?? HELP!!!

+1
    Not good, I guess if it looked that bad I would have never pulled it off the lot until they dealt with their sloppy work.
    http://greenhulk.net/forums/showthread.php?t=19887

couldent tell till I cleaned it, it was covered with salt water and seaweed

Sorry to hear about your ordeal. That`s one of the major problems in this industry, suck ass dealers. There are good ones out there, you have to talk to people and look...
    yes, there are seive screens to capture some particals and larger pieces. But ceramics get crunched up pretty small and the right thing to do is remove the engine and disassemble for a complete clean out. There are tons of threads here on this board and one of the top ten topics discussed. I would have to say ceramic/ceramic failure takes the top spot for topics...
    IMHO, I would talk to the dealer and go from there. What does your invoice or repair order show, there should be a whole list of parts replaced...you said you have 30+ hours and ski has warranty? so this should have been a warranty repair. I`d also be worried if the shop did a good competent job installing the metal washers and really surprised they agreed to do them at all...PR...

who`s the dealer???

i hate my dealer to...if it make you feel better., SORRY for your pain, take it back and force thm to do something, if they were so lame to clean the ski after work, i can't even imagine how did they clean out the engine and make shore there is no more ceramic left in it...b..tch about it...

+1
    just calmly call the dealer and ask them when they cleaned the screens where they were located so you can better understand (play DUMB). they should reply front and rear both were cleaned and pump parts or cases replaced as needed (usually determined by how long u rode your ski BROKE)???? because they have screens in the front and the BACK of the engine at both pumps and need REVIEWED after this type of failure. let them tell u what they replaced then ask for a copy of the repairs they made and the parts they replaced. hopefully they replaced the front and rear pumps and cleaned your motor out. thats all you can really do to start with u go through the door screaming and tell people u r gonna KICK SOMEONES ASS its over cause thats what i ALWAYS do and u get NO PLACE USUALLY (them threatening to call the police maybe)! good luck try to stay calm! then when they dont respond FIRST TO YOUR BROKE BOAT UNLOAD ABOUT THE SCRATCHES!!!!!!!!!!!!

?WORK OREDER? They droped the ski in the water and said have a nice day. They didnt check the engine!! Is that what the banging noise is at WOT AND WHEN i LET OFF??

Quote Originally Posted by REID2168 View Post
    (play DUMB). they should reply front and rear both were cleaned and pump parts or cases replaced as needed (usually determined by how long u rode your ski BROKE)????
    good idea.....if you can stay calm...good luck

+1
    if your engine HASNT been dismantled and it LOST THE SUPERCHARGER CERAMIC WASHERS then they are in your engine still. i am NOT an EXPERT and CANNOT say if that makes your OIL PUMPS bang or not but i KNOW IT DESTROYS THEM FOR SURE and your ski will last about 20 to 25 hours after a FAILURE if they are NOT CLEANED OUT PROPERLY! been there done that. just do what i said in the EARLIER POST and go from there! u can play hypethetical situation still your blue in the face! u have to KNOW EXACTLY what they did FIRST. then go from there BRO!

Quote Originally Posted by eclipsecleaning View Post
    ?WORK OREDER? They droped the ski in the water and said have a nice day. They didnt check the engine!! Is that what the banging noise is at WOT AND WHEN i LET OFF??
    take it back...
    who`s the dealer?...PR...

Page 1 of 11 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread Information