Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Greenhulk Grasshopah (DRC) HallPass's Avatar
    +1

Exclamation Big Questions Need Replys

Hi guys!!! I have a 2000 Yamaha Gp1200r, and am wanting some help... It has 150 hours on it, and I am currently the second owner. I want to know if it is ok of me to keep getting these expensive parts (triples,carbs,cylinders...etc.) or if I should start looking at another ski with lower hours. Mom wants me to ask before I buy another round of parts!!! PLEASE ANSWER..... I really appreciate it. Or should I just get a brand new ski or what.. i'm interested in the KAWA 250X ULTRA but want to keep a gpr... PLEASE RESPOND!!!

+1
    Depends on how fast you want to go.Put a fresh top end on the GPR and run it.You mentioned triples,if you do that,do it from the cases up.New crank T&W,milled head,maybe ported jugs,the list goes on but build a fresh motor,its alot cheaper AND alot faster than a new Ultra250.

If you want to keep it as-is.........just do a top end on it a ride it hard.Under $600.00

+1
    well my real question is with 150 hours on it is it smart to keep adding parts to it... or is getting to old that im just wasting my money? are your guys skis at 150+ hours or are they at like 20.. because i dont want to have all this stuff and have the new engine only have liek 5 hours on it.. or less and sell it and i only get like 2 grand cause it reads 200+ hours on the guage.

+1
    Just throw new pistons/rings and go.150 hours,things wear.(rings) I know a guy that has 342 hours on a GP1200R motor with little mods.

+1
    well im thinking of doing what you wrote before and do big mods.. I just want to make sure my 150 hour gp. still has a good life ahead of her. I really just like i say want to make sure the re-sale is going to be good when I have basically a new engine in it. and I'll probably add the meter that counts hours so people can see. But WaterWoody.. I have the OK for getting lots more parts?! shes going to be good right

+1
    can you reference me to some good pistons.. and if you know or have some ported cylinders for sale?! I'd rather just get both things at 1 time.. and of course the piston rings?! and or anybody.. ill put another post for cylinders and pistons...

Assuming you do everything right. Yes, it will be ok. Tripples are just not as easy as throwing them on. You know that right?

+1
    somewhat haha... I'm thinking that will be a little time before I get them... but I was told by hydrotoys not to get the triples waterbox cause it isn't worthe it.. and are really hard to tune... what else do i need to know?

Quote Originally Posted by HallPass View Post
    somewhat haha... I'm thinking that will be a little time before I get them... but I was told by hydrotoys not to get the triples waterbox cause it isn't worthe it.. and are really hard to tune... what else do i need to know?
    Well for it to last you will have to do some motor work I would think. So you will be basicly needing to rebuild the motor anyways.

+1
    well i was planning.. im really thinking of the triples as being on of the last.. I'm going to eventually get a whole new superstock motor that they sell at Atlanticjetsports dot com.... and then have like the black jacks, or riva power bomb carbs with ported heads and all that good stuff

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information