Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    +1

Is beaching a RXP really THAT bad...

I'd say I've beached my RXP about 10-15 times. I come in pretty fast so I don't need to touch the throttle as I approach the shore. If I shut off the engine well before the shore and ride up- should I be worried about anything?

I can care less about scratching the bottom of the ski and I always shake the back of the rxp and shake it back and forth once ready to go to release any sand. My rpms have not gone down and everything seems normal. Is it cool if I keep doing this?

Thanks

I wouldn't. Your are basically sanding the bottom of your boat like with sand paper. It starts with scratches. Then it will wear through the gel coat. Then it all problems from there.

I did it for years on older ski's, but my friend your are riding a 215 HP egg, treat it like it's gonna break if you can. IE, do everything you can to keep the hull from getting any wear or damage because it doesn't take very much to start delaminating the hull on the RXP's.

mr. knowitall
    i agree and would avoid it if at all possible but if you must atleast push it out into deeper water before starting

Quote Originally Posted by vidbuster View Post
    I'd say I've beached my RXP about 10-15 times. I come in pretty fast so I don't need to touch the throttle as I approach the shore. If I shut off the engine well before the shore and ride up- should I be worried about anything?

I can care less about scratching the bottom of the ski and I always shake the back of the rxp and shake it back and forth once ready to go to release any sand. My rpms have not gone down and everything seems normal. Is it cool if I keep doing this?

Thanks
    I wouldn't do IMO. I use a sandbag anchor if I am going to be at the beach for any long periods of time, if not, then I will drag it up to the sand!

+1
    Minimal scratches on ours! The manual is pretty clear; don't operate it in less than 3 feet of water (and that's measuring from under the lowest part of the hull). Wear rings are pretty sensitive and you're eventually gonna vacuum up a rock. It's fun beachin 'em and looks cool, but I always associate this with newbs who just don't know any better. We cut ours early and wade them into the shallows on nice soft sand.
    Push 'em back out there before starting too, but that's just my 2 cents.

Prohibido usuario
    +1
    The trick I use is to beach the ski on the ride plate rather than the bow. The ride plate is tougher than the fragile gel coat. You can grab the rear grab bar and lift the ski and sit it on the shore.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by NCHeel View Post
    The trick I use is to beach the ski on the ride plate rather than the bow. The ride plate is tougher than the fragile gel coat. You can grab the rear grab bar and lift the ski and sit it on the shore.
    exactly what i do!

after beaching the bow on beaches with rocks and stuff it was taking toll on the underside and i was getting worried, had it all filled and smoothed out, good as new and has been taht way for a while.

+1
    I ride in somewhat fast, turn hard at last min, blip throttle to spin, pull lanyard. Right b4 the rideplate hits sand, shore, whatever, I step off the back into about 18 inches of water, lift the back of ski slightly, and pull till the ride plate touches. It looks cooler sitting like that then u would think

Quote Originally Posted by NCHeel View Post
    This is exactly what i usually do... - Even if an anchor is the best solution to avoid any trouble...

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information