07 GP1300R

How well do stock GP1300's handle jumping waves?

?

I've hit some nice boat wakes (at a safe distance) and some nice ocean waves, Will a stock GPR handle the jumps? If so, how big of waves until modifications need to be made to? Also, what modifications should be addressed?

140hrs and mine is still in one bit.

On mine the cowling fixings broke at the front, when you open the hatch by the nut half way along the opening. I have fixed mine with alloy that is then pop rivited to the original black plastic. Can only be seen with the hatch is open and has lasted for 60 hours.

I'm suprised by the bashing these things can take and its the organic thing that is clinging to the ski that seams to be the limiting factor

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by kevski View Post
    140hrs and mine is still in one bit.

On mine the cowling fixings broke at the front, when you open the hatch by the nut half way along the opening. I have fixed mine with alloy that is then pop rivited to the original black plastic. Can only be seen with the hatch is open and has lasted for 60 hours.

I'm suprised by the bashing these things can take and its the organic thing that is clinging to the ski that seams to be the limiting factor

120 ish hours on mine 90% of that wave abuse..they love it but my body grows tired of the pounding

+1
    If you're going to be jumping very large waves, drill a hole in the seat release hatch and use a large zip tie to secure it to the grab handle. Otherwise, if you land nose-up after jumping a large wave, the seat can pop off - which can lead to another wave swamping your boat and sinking it.

Don't ask me how I know...

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by fullboogie View Post
    If you're going to be jumping very large waves, drill a hole in the seat release hatch and use a large zip tie to secure it to the grab handle. Otherwise, if you land nose-up after jumping a large wave, the seat can pop off - which can lead to another wave swamping your boat and sinking it.

Don't ask me how I know...
    dave is spot on as always ..

sorry i did not post pic,but better late than never

put a cable tie/tie wrap through seat latch doudled over then through grab rail and fasten down,it does work and will save your boat from the glug glug..sink
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	seat latch 001.jpg 
Views:	57 
Size:	199.8 KB 
ID:	34347   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	seat latch 002.jpg 
Views:	71 
Size:	203.7 KB 
ID:	34348   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	seat latch 003.jpg 
Views:	68 
Size:	206.1 KB 
ID:	34349  

+1
    Salty, as always I had to learn the hard way. Picking seaweed and crabs out of my engine compartment after my ski washed up on the beach was not fun. Not to mention almost losing my life in hurricane waves. If the seat had not come off, none of that would have happened.

+1
    I knew you had crabs..I just knew it!

+1
    Stop yer yackin Mike and get that ski running!

while we are talkin about jumping waves an sinking boats let me tell you a little sotry btu first let me aska a question... how well cna an fx ho handle jumping i was told pretty well cause its a great boat but just wanting assurity.

anyway heres my story, my friend and i both purchased waverunners instead of a 16th birthday present car...dont ask why i have my reasons(my family has too many cars so one will be available anyway). So we did research and he bought a gp1300 which byt the way is a great pwc, and i gotta fx ho. so one day we go into the ocean and started to jump...wehn we saw the biggest wave, so we both turn around and head towards it...we must have gotten at least 12 feet in the air maybe more, but the exact thing happened to his seat and he got thrown off, i landed pretty fine so phew lol, but his ski didnt take long to start sinking. we tried to get my tie ropes and tie his ski to mine but we didnt have the time...to make a long story short, we must have waited on shore for about 2 hours when we finally decided it was gettign too dark and she wasnt coming back....so about a week had passed and we go back to the same place, ocean city new jersey and stay there for a few days, and on the 2nd day we go to ground zero and see this little 13-14 year old kid riding my friend boat...now u must be asking, how do u know it was urs, because my friend put a scrath at the bottom of the hull just incase one day...so we got on sure and it was his ski..still with the factory registration form on it and everything....my thing is, how lucky can someone be in this world? lol

Thread Information