loss of power, speed

My 2006 Challenger 215SC has just recently lost about 25% of power and 7-10 mph top end. I had Jerry replace the ceramic washers with metal and it ran fine for 3-4 trips to the lake. The next time (1 day later) there was a noticeable power difference. I checked and removed the air hose on SC and tried spinning the impeller and everything seemed fine. I switched gas and even went to premium after usually running a mix of regular and mid-grade. I haven't checked spark plugs because it's not missing and I've probably only done around 15-20 hours since having a full service. I've checked wear ring, etc. and everything is like new, no damage. Sound is the same except SC is slower to respond after quick turn. Any ideas? Thanks!

Banned User
    Quote Originally Posted by calvinhead View Post
    My 2006 Challenger 215SC has just recently lost about 25% of power and 7-10 mph top end. I had Jerry replace the ceramic washers with metal and it ran fine for 3-4 trips to the lake. The next time (1 day later) there was a noticeable power difference. I checked and removed the air hose on SC and tried spinning the impeller and everything seemed fine. I switched gas and even went to premium after usually running a mix of regular and mid-grade. I haven't checked spark plugs because it's not missing and I've probably only done around 15-20 hours since having a full service. I've checked wear ring, etc. and everything is like new, no damage. Sound is the same except SC is slower to respond after quick turn. Any ideas? Thanks!
    Boost leak!!

Boost Leak?

What is a boost leak and is it something I can do myself?

Thanks!

Mine is having the same problem. I was at 68mph all day long when my ski was stock with 8 hours on it.

I then sent my Supercharger to Jerry now my ski will only do 64mph MAX.

Where would the boost leak be? There is only one hose that goes from the SC to the throttle body and it looks like it's tight as hell.

I have 30 hours on it now and it's an 04 with the original spark plugs. Do you guys think the plugs could be the problem?

Also, how much does a full tank of gas slow you down?

What does a worn wear ring look like? Anyone have a pic?

Thread Information