Jug Inspector

How did I become the Sea-Doo 2 stroke guy?!?!

Well somehow I ended up being the person for a few things here. I just want to let you guys know a little bit.

I have been a Polaris guy my entire life, since I was about 8. I only recently purchased a Sea-Doo (95 XP 800) and have spent quite a few hours on it. Since the fundamentals are the same a lot carries over. Engine rebuilding, carb cleaning and rebuilding, common wrenching sense, performance parts, tuning, etc. There are some quirks that are specific to brands, and I am not aware of some of them on the Doos. Some of my help may be trial-and-error unless someone with more experience steps in and knows of a known problem and shoots you in the right direction. I do have manuals for the 95-96-97 and maybe 98 in PDF format which helps a lot.

My point is don't expect me to know everything and I'll help when I can. If it's easier you can PM me, and on rare occasions its easier to talk on the phone. I live near Chicago and if someone wants to meet up to ride and/or tune/wrench let me know.

There are a ton of good guys on this site. LONG LIVE GREENHULK.

Bryan

Banned User
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by Ibreakstuff View Post
    Well somehow I ended up being the person for a few things here. I just want to let you guys know a little bit.

I have been a Polaris guy my entire life, since I was about 8. I only recently purchased a Sea-Doo (95 XP 800) and have spent quite a few hours on it. Since the fundamentals are the same a lot carries over. Engine rebuilding, carb cleaning and rebuilding, common wrenching sense, performance parts, tuning, etc. There are some quirks that are specific to brands, and I am not aware of some of them on the Doos. Some of my help may be trial-and-error unless someone with more experience steps in and knows of a known problem and shoots you in the right direction. I do have manuals for the 95-96-97 and maybe 98 in PDF format which helps a lot.

My point is don't expect me to know everything and I'll help when I can. If it's easier you can PM me, and on rare occasions its easier to talk on the phone. I live near Chicago and if someone wants to meet up to ride and/or tune/wrench let me know.

Bryan

You're in Darien? You're about 4 minutes from my house...I'm in Lemont!

Quote Originally Posted by Ibreakstuff View Post

Bryan
    i have the manuals on the computer too.
    helps alot

Did someone say manual for an 95??

Bryan, thanks for you input. I have tried to help out in the few days I have been here. Most of my wrenching comes from my '94 xp, but I did most of those mods 3 to 5 years ago, so I'm a little lacking in recall. Of course, i've kept it in good repair all these years, so I'm more fresh on common failures on XP's.

Just starting the learning curve on my '00 GTX and looking for an additional '00-'01 GTX di.

Thread Information