Thread: how to remove the wear ring??
08-08-2007, 01:46 PM #1
how to remove the wear ring??
is there a easy way to do this?
what are this steps?
i have no idea if it would work on older stuff (96 spx) but i tried the freezer and it didnt move..
08-08-2007, 01:52 PM #2
08-08-2007, 01:54 PM #3
08-08-2007, 01:55 PM #4
you may have to remove the impeller and cut the old one out.
edit: don't cut the pump housing though!
08-08-2007, 01:57 PM #5
08-08-2007, 03:59 PM #6
depends on what you are riding... if its the same for all machines the steps are as follows.
1. remove the pump housing, 4 bolts,
- two factory bilges lines(clear) that are inside in the back
- one water in that goes to the head (black)
2 . remove the grey PTO cover
3. there is a metal looking flange that goes over the driveshaft infront of the wear ring. its kinda tough to pull back if the seals are still good. pullit back towards that back of the ski.
4. this will expose a rubber o-ring that is on the drive shaft in a grove. push it forward to release the metal looking flange
5. remove the drive shaft.
08-08-2007, 07:35 PM #7
you don't need to remove the driveshaft to get the wear ring out. pull the pump off, take the impellor out. either cut the wear ring or use a screw driver from the opposite side and hammer it out. a couple of hits on one side, then a couple of hits on the other. it should work its way out.
08-08-2007, 07:46 PM #8
my bad...thought that you were talking about the carbon wear ring. n/m
08-08-2007, 07:56 PM #9
08-09-2007, 11:11 AM #10
- Join Date
- Aug 2006
- Chicago Burbs
Just cut the ring with a sawzall, scroll saw, or any type of reciprocating saw (even a hacksaw)... get a screwdriver in there and bend it out.
Users Browsing this Thread
There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)
By Green Hulk in forum Sea Doo How To & FAQsReplies: 160Last Post: 07-28-2014, 07:29 PM
By SingTH in forum 4-Tec PerformanceReplies: 4Last Post: 07-24-2013, 07:30 PM
By GPRXP4ME in forum 4-Tec PerformanceReplies: 5Last Post: 01-29-2011, 11:29 PM
By Phil in forum 4-Tec PerformanceReplies: 10Last Post: 08-16-2005, 04:26 PM
By MikeTrin in forum Sea Doo How To & FAQsReplies: 8Last Post: 06-23-2005, 10:28 AM