Thread: What Should I Do?
08-08-2007, 08:31 PM #1
What Should I Do?
Hey guys. Well i finally got my new 07 rxt tonight. just put it in the garage. I ordered Riva washers from the 4-tech site, but just found out they are back ordered until end of next weak. What should i do? I wasn't going to ride it until i changed them, but now i have to wait a week. should i risk it?
08-08-2007, 08:33 PM #2
i lost TWO skis at 11 hours to ceramic washers 2006/2007 RXP and if i had a NEW 2008 like u do 2007 i would RIDE that F&*KER! im kinda STUPID and IMPATIENT THOUGH! good luck deciding bro !
08-08-2007, 08:34 PM #3
I vote yes. You have a warranty. Although most people say an engine won't be the same once the ceramics blow. Mine have failed twice. The failure rate is not 100% or even close, especially not after 1 week of riding. But if you can wait a week and not ride, then by all means that's what your best bet is.
08-08-2007, 08:36 PM #4
- Join Date
- Oct 2005
well they are new new and you have to break them in, so your not going to go mazzo anyways, so just ride like a normal person and enjoy your new ski! Congrats...PR...
08-08-2007, 08:38 PM #5
and se fizzle has seen, the motor is fine after ceramic failures, if repaired properly... there's zero reason why any motor would not be back to 110% health after a proper repair.
i'd say ride it!! i wouldn't have even taken the time to post here, i would have been riding it on the way home from the dealership
08-08-2007, 08:45 PM #6
It would be hard to wait a week. I have heard of washers going bad while still in the break in though. I don't know. i sent Jerry a message to see if he can get me his instead of the Rivas.
08-08-2007, 08:46 PM #7
- Join Date
- Jul 2006
- upstate NY
I have 4 sets of 06/07 Riva washers on the way to my shop. If you want to purchase them from me Ill get them in on friday and could have them to you by next week. 125.00 shipped. I take paypal if you want a set. let me know if I can help. If it was my ski I would take them ceramics out rightaway. IMO JOJO
08-08-2007, 08:50 PM #8
get your BALLS out and BLAZE IT BRO!!!!!!!!!! hahahahahaha! its a tough decision but i would NEVER wait i would play it safe and the REAL thing NOT TO DO CAUSE IT BROKE BOTH MY SETS I KNOW! its jumping your ski out and getting off the throttle at the same time and the hull slaps the water and that clutch is trying to disengage and they SNAP! i have done TWO sets just at the shore TRIM UP POPPING ME SKI OUT OF THE WATER AND BROKE TWO SETS JUST DOING THAT! didnt realize how i did it the first time UNTIL i did it the second time! just keep it HOOKED UP and the HULL in the water BEST u can with CHOP depending on where u ride and i bet u can ride it BRO! SERIOUSLY!!!!!!!!
08-08-2007, 08:59 PM #9
I decided to ride one more day too, they blew, now i got problems, wait a week or risk waiting a month to get it fixed and they might even scratch it up while fixing it. I would just do like 20mph if your gona ride it though.
08-08-2007, 09:00 PM #10
If they crack on you it can take weeks and weeks sometimes months to get your machine repaired during the summer, why? "parts on back order," gettin' parts can be a real pain bro... and that's not just Seadoos either!
We got 150 hours on OEM ceramics, but you never know those 07 washers have been a bee-atch, on the other hand; you can't go wide open during breakin anyway, just take it easy and don't go jumpin wakes... whatever you decide, I'm sure you'll enjoy your new RXT.
Users Browsing this Thread
There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)
By ccassone in forum Sea Doo Open DiscussionReplies: 24Last Post: 03-15-2006, 07:00 PM
By Tiplickhahaha in forum 4-Tec PerformanceReplies: 3Last Post: 02-20-2006, 05:30 PM
By ccassone in forum Sea Doo Open DiscussionReplies: 28Last Post: 02-06-2006, 11:48 PM
By djburkeen in forum Sea Doo Open DiscussionReplies: 1Last Post: 06-03-2005, 08:54 PM
By Compwhiz82 in forum 4-Tec PerformanceReplies: 14Last Post: 05-27-2005, 04:25 PM