Thread: new at PWC's

new at PWC's

ok im looking at this 2006 seadoo rxp and one thing i havnt seen is how long does the tank last. o and where can i get wide mirrors because i want to be able to pull a skier but i only have 2 people to ride. (have no observer)

can someone please help me out

+1
    A tank of gas will vary, I can go from 4 hours to all day long. You are not going to find any wide mirrors, most people actually remove them.

Not really positive, but I believe it is illegal in most states to tow a skier without an observer.

How long your fuel supply lasts directly relates to how much throttle you use!

I also agree that its not legal in many places to tow a skier/tuber/etc with a 2-person craft. Usually you need space for an operator, spotter, and a place for the person being towed to get back on.

Quote Originally Posted by lilshrty76 View Post
    ok im looking at this 2006 seadoo rxp and one thing i havnt seen is how long does the tank last. o and where can i get wide mirrors because i want to be able to pull a skier but i only have 2 people to ride. (have no observer)
    I can't tell you about hours cause that depends on how you ride but I get 70 miles/tank on my modified 07 RXT with 2 people. You should do about the same.

Quote Originally Posted by lilshrty76 View Post
    At wide open throttle a stock RXP will use 17 gallons of fuel per hour. At a cruising speed of 35mph it will use 5 gallons of fuel per hour. This information is based on a study conducted by a watercraft magazine.

As for mirrors they are pointless. You have too much maneuverability and boat traffic comming from every direction for them to be useful. They annoy the shit out of me when they reflect the sun right into your eyes. Im removing mine next year and replacing them with gauges.

You MUST have an observer to tow a skier, wakeboarder, tuber, etc. behind ANY watercraft. Also, in most states (and this depends on how much the patrol boats enforce it) you must have a spot on board the watercraft for everyone. That means you must be able to accomodate a driver, spotter, the person being towed, and whatever item they are being towed on. So technically it is illegal to use an RXP to pull tubers, skiers, etc. depending on your state. If your main purpose of buying the PWC will be to tow tubers and such then you should get a three seater.

In florida you can pull a tube if you have mirrors or a spotter. With a spotter you must be 3 seater. With mirrors you must have space for the skier and your self.

Quote Originally Posted by GTI06 View Post
    In florida you can pull a tube if you have mirrors or a spotter. With a spotter you must be 3 seater. With mirrors you must have space for the skier and your self.
    Wow...that's dumb in my opinion. Not trying to argue with you or anything, but I just think you're putting everyone at risk by not using a spotter, especially on a busy waterway.

If by chance you are in a state that doesn't require a spotter, get the RXT or another one of the 3 seaters anyway. They're a bit heavier and a better towing vehicle.
    Gas usage would be about the same. RXPKid had numbers that fit my experience.

Thread Information