Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast
    +1

ff plate now spot on..great results

went out with dean toady to try to get his ski running better(please see his thread if your a carb guy)
    short story is sealed my pump after doing deans and found the bottom bolts and washers to bolts in the pump were hitting the ff plate and holding it off its true angle,
    ground the bottom of the bolts off and checked the plate and re set it higher to shoe almost flush which gave me more angle(not measured yet will post when i get info)
    rough measure as ski in bed now is just over the inch mark,
    spent hours testing and recording his problem to post and when i got to ride flicked the gps on and ran one way with the fuel max to the top ater riding 400 yards from ramp (yes i warmed her up) 75.8 mph on the seat,
    again 75.8,ran again and by now with superman it went to 76.2,ran agian again and it climbed..
    3/4 of a tank by now 76.8 ran again the same..both dean and i were now laughing and acting like kids as i only ever saw these speeds in winter with no fuel.
    no the fun began 1/2 tank BUCK..BUCK..BUCK..MEGA BUCK..dean refused to ride it anymore and i tryed my best to hangon through it but could not get her past the magic number of 76.8 due to the buck scrubbing speed off..
    i have always run stock tabs and have never needed to shim the but now i think i need shims and or WFO's pump relief..(awaiting postage quote)

mega day and even now i have a stupid grin on my face...

BTW if dean reads the last post about my inserts he may be pissed at me..honest mistake i forgot to tell him..

dont know what numbers are left in her but need rid of the buck to find out (nudge rich) please...
    Last edited by Hydrotherapy; 08-09-2007 at 12:53 PM.

+1
    Great work Paul
    I would drop the tabs some.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Hydrotherapy View Post
    went out with dean toady to try to get his ski running better(please see his thread if your a carb guy)
    short story is sealed my pump after doing deans and found the bottom bolts and washers to bolts in the pump were hitting the ff plate and holding it off its true angle,
    ground the bottom of the bolts off and checked the plate and re set it higher to shoe almost flush which gave me more angle(not measured yet will post when i get info)
    rough measure as ski in bed now is just over the inch mark,
    spent hours testing and recording his problem to post and when i got to ride flicked the gps on and ran one way with the fuel max to the top ater riding 400 yards from ramp (yes i warmed her up) 75.8 mph on the seat,
    again 75.8,ran again and by now with superman it went to 76.2,ran agian again and it climbed..
    3/4 of a tank by now 76.8 ran again the same..both dean and i were now laughing and acting like kids as i only ever saw these speeds in winter with no fuel.
    no the fun began 1/2 tank BUCK..BUCK..BUCK..MEGA BUCK..dean refused to ride it anymore and i tryed my best to hangon through it but could not get her past the magic number of 76.8 due to the buck scrubbing speed off..
    i have always run stock tabs and have never needed to shim the but now i think i need shims and or WFO's pump relief..(awaiting postage quote)

mega day and even now i have a stupid grin on my face...

BTW if dean reads the last post about my inserts he may be pissed at me..honest mistake i forgot to tell him..

dont know what numbers are left in her but need rid of the buck to find out (nudge rich) please...

I have the same problem at the same speed, 1/2 tank or less it bucks. I shimmed the stock tabs .120" and it made no difference. I am at 1.040" so am going to ad some shims and try it.

THE PLATE MAN JIM'S PERFORMANCE's Avatar
    +1
    You really have that ski going Paul, Keep up the good work. Get rid of the buck and you will be knocking on the 77 mph. range

(both dean and i were now laughing and acting like kids)

Now thats what i like to hear, thats what this sport is all about.. Good job guys, it only gets better..

WAY TO GO PAUL!!!

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Robsauto2 View Post
    I have the same problem at the same speed, 1/2 tank or less it bucks. I shimmed the stock tabs .120" and it made no difference. I am at 1.040" so am going to ad some shims and try it.
    hi rob,
    would you surgest i start from 1.20 or learn and follow from your lead and start off bigger shims

have you tryed the pump relief kit from rich??

+1
    get to test again tom day with the guys,this time will go all the way to empty if i can hang on ,
    was so happy with angle of jims plate now decided to fill all the holes and lock it down and get the tabs spot on to stop or calm the bounce so i can gas through it.

followed a few old thread on shiming trim tabs and have gone with mtrager's 120 thou to start off..

put a few pics on just for the hell of it..

BTW. since sealing my pump 100% ive picked up a few revs,is this possible or was it a fluke or malefunction of my pet,best winter spin of my 14/23 was 7200,its not showing 7220 to 7240 in my heat,borrowed another pet for testing so i can double check.

if anyone has a garmin etrex it can be fitted without cutting the pad by fitting double thick rubber to bottom and thin supplyed bit to top,
    just remove the pad plastic end cover slide grip off and put the garmin mountain bike bracket on,
    looks cool to me and keeps my ski looking sleeper and easly removed for wave jumping..
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	plate holes filled 003.jpg 
Views:	69 
Size:	206.1 KB 
ID:	34634   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	plate holes filled 004.jpg 
Views:	57 
Size:	207.7 KB 
ID:	34635   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	plate holes filled 005.jpg 
Views:	58 
Size:	203.8 KB 
ID:	34636  

+1
    guys need your advice here,

busted a 76.8 on the seat with FULL fuel straight off the ramp running against the tide
    went out and messed about when fuel was down to half tryed again but could not get the speeds up to 76..seems i can run faster with full load,
    tryed the 120 thou shims but still it bounces,
    the wind had picked up a little and chopped the water up some so i dont think i will mess with the shims just yet till ive had a clam day to test again..
    has anyone seen the speeds greater on there ski with full fuel,if so whats the reason or is it just down to me getting rid of the bounce through more shims in the tabs...

THE PLATE MAN JIM'S PERFORMANCE's Avatar
    +1
    Hello Paul, If you are running faster with full load, And once fuel goes down you start bouncing there is to much angle on the plate. Shim it just a tad. The problem is you can find your sweet spot and once you fill the holes it changes the way the ski feels, When i fill the holes in my ski it makes the ski feel loser.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread Information