Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: R&D filter

+1

R&D filter

Anyone gonna give it a try? It looks like it would allow a good bit of fresh air to be drawn in. It fits in the access cover opening under the glove box. I wish they sold it without the b.o. and relief valve filters.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	R&D filter.jpg 
Views:	61 
Size:	15.4 KB 
ID:	34504  
    Last edited by Beagleman62; 08-09-2007 at 03:59 PM.

Silence! I Keel You! earthshaker's Avatar
    +1
    Beagle,

Raise your right hand.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by earthshaker View Post
    Beagle,

Raise your right hand.
    Shaker,
    How in the hell can I order it with my check writing hand up in the air?
    I guess I'll order one. The way I see it, anywhere we can get get more fresh air in this thing the better off we'll be.

Just a H-20 HO....Need I say More! Mykull's Avatar
    Jimmy, Just take your old cover, cut or drill holes in it, and fab up a cover outta a "Outerwears" type material,glue it on and wallaha......... it will costya alot less. Mike

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Beagleman62 View Post
    Shaker,
    How in the hell can I order it with my check writing hand up in the air?
    I guess I'll order one. The way I see it, anywhere we can get get more fresh air in this thing the better off we'll be.
    LOL, right on...

I am curious on the filter media...mold etc...I've checked that out myself...seemed cool, but like mykull says too. I recall it was expensive for what it was when i first saw it, and like you said only the one filter i'd be interested if at all. Water ingestion would be my concern. I am a total advocate for getting in fresh air though.

I have literally not had the time to weld up my 3" inlets, let alone take out my ski in over a month or more

Formerly Ultra250 TN Aquaholic6801's Avatar
    +1
    Just take the factory cover out, flip it over and drill a half inch hole in each corner of the squares on the back side,no worry for water ingestion.been running mine like that for months.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Ultra250 Tn View Post
    ,no worry for water ingestion.been running mine like that for months.
    Maybe not for lake riding and transporting hot chicks around. Gotta remember there are alot of folks that ride offshore where getting bottom up is inevitable particularly in tow surfing.

Quote Originally Posted by earthshaker View Post
    Maybe not for lake riding and transporting hot chicks around. Gotta remember there are alot of folks that ride offshore where getting bottom up is inevitable particularly in tow surfing.
    EarthShaker. Yes you are in some pretty serious water up there in Half Moon Bay! Do you ever venture over by Mavericks in the winter? Charging up and down 40 foot swells on an Ultra has got to be "eye opening" to say the least. A friend of mine wants me to "tow him in" up there at Mavericks but I think that's illegal there?

speaking of tow ins

If you guys check out the NOAA site check the Hurricane (Flossie) headed for us here in Hawaii. Should be here tuesday. Probably will decrease to a tropical storm or depression by then. But it will kick up some mean surf on this Island (Big Island). Some of us was out today and waves started to come in the 2-4 foot range from dead flat this morning, the boys was asking me if I would be out as most of the tow-in guys here have FXHO's. We are hoping for some massive 20 footers at least. It will be the first time I will ride my ultra in huge surf. In keeping with the topic, I was running CR9IEX plugs and just received my new PM9whateva and put them in before I went out today so I AM READY!!!!! If this storm does hit I will give reports on how this boat handles in really big surf. Also, just to let you guys know, I don't do tow-ins, just rush big waves with my other ski's, and run saftey for people who don't really know our spots and come from other side of Island to try and do tow-ins. Darn Haoles!!!!

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by john belton View Post
    EarthShaker. Yes you are in some pretty serious water up there in Half Moon Bay! Do you ever venture over by Mavericks in the winter? Charging up and down 40 foot swells on an Ultra has got to be "eye opening" to say the least. A friend of mine wants me to "tow him in" up there at Mavericks but I think that's illegal there?
    I live 3 blocks from the launch at Mavericks. Water is cold. 3 seaters are ok - hence the most powerful 3 seater in my garage!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information