Thread: Ram air results

+1

Ram air results

I am still debating on doing the ram air mod. I have read posts that claim great reults and some that don't think it really helps that much. If you have done the mod, please post your thoughts pro or con.
    Thanks,
    Jimmy
    Last edited by Beagleman62; 08-09-2007 at 04:19 PM.

I have done it and I do not see any difference. The only thing that I did was to drimmel out the front part. I took the hood off and took it apart to do it. Personally for me it was not worth the time it took to do it. Just my 2 cents worth.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by rhorne1053 View Post
    I have done it and I do not see any difference. The only thing that I did was to drimmel out the front part. I took the hood off and took it apart to do it. Personally for me it was not worth the time it took to do it. Just my 2 cents worth.
    Did you drill holes in the side of the black pan under the hood that faces the intake vents?

Yep, I did. It probably did make a small difference but for me it was not a noticeable difference and not worth the time.

Its the only mod I have, dont know if it helped any but im sure it doesnt hurt either. You just have to be careful not to scratch the hood.

+1
    Did some work yesterday on the ram air mod. I removed the underpan from the hood and had a look. After I cut the plastic piece that sits on the top of the hood and placed it back in position (with the black underpan in place) It's very easy to see that there is not a lot of open area for air intake. The bulge in the underpan that sits up behind the opening blocks most of the air flow. There is a spot in front of the bulge at it's base where air can get through. Check out the parts diagram I have attached. On each side of the bulge, there is a lip that runs up each side. It almost totally blocks any air from getting around the sides of the bulge. I am going to remove this lip. It will open up each side and should allow a lot more air in. I think it was JWilson who noted that most of the air from this mod goes up and over the underpan (I think because of the bulge) and exits through the back side of the top hood cover piece. After taking everything apart, I can see why he came to that conclusion. I'm hoping that removing the lips on the bulge of the underpan will direct more air around the sides and towards the back side (instead of up and over) where it will have a chance to exit out the holes. I would have posted some pics but my camera went on the fritz last night. I'll get some posted Sunday. This mod can easily be done without ever removing the hood but taking it apart gives you an idea of what is or isn't going on so far as air flow between the underpan and hood.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

+1

Thread Information