Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Spark plug issues

My ski has 12hrs on it when I took it back to the dealer for the 10 hr service. The ski ran great the whole 12 hours i've owned it except the last time i took it to the lake. It felt like it was losing power, it would run fine at wot then lose rpm's. So when I took it to the dealer I told them about it and mentioned that I thought it might be the sparkplugs since I read here people have been having issues with theirs. Well 2 weeks goes by of then troubleshooting and not figuring out the problem when they finally put new plugs in it and it runs fine now. They said that one of the first things they did was look at my old plugs and they looked fine so they didnt replace them. So they called kawasaki and they told them to swap the plugs. Should have listened to me in the first place. Has anyone figured out whats causing the plugs to go bad? This problem is going to get very annoying if i have to replace plugs every 10hrs or so.

Silence! I Keel You! earthshaker's Avatar
    +1
    I'm willing to bet it's carbon tracking...at least suspected. You can't see it well and can get into pores of the ceramic. Sometimes bead blasting won't fix it either...but might be worth a shot since so new.

They did warranty those for you right? Being so low hours.

SeaDoocer
    I called NGK today and they told me that the cr9eix were a better performance plug than the PRM9B anyways. But if you still want to use those try going with the PMR8B instead, they run hotter. I'm changing mine out to the cr9eix..they also said that the iridiums would add maybe a mile to each gallon of gas give or take.

+1
    hmm....you might have spoke to the same bonehead i did awhile back whom clearly mislead me.

I don't think a plug is gonna get you 1mpg.

SeaDoocer
    Well then, are the iridiums ok to use or not?

+1
    I personally do not see a reason why not at this point...on the same note, i have not had two of them together in my hands or on any testing equipment. All the info i received from NGK tech has been wiped from my memory as hogwash and have not taken it up with KAWI. (mainly since they gave me a set of PMR9B's when i prolly didn't need 'em)

I do believe that TN indicated that Kawi WARRANTED him a set of the iridiums @ a whopping 75 hours. I asked if that was on paper....no reply.

Formerly Ultra250 TN Aquaholic6801's Avatar
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by earthshaker View Post
    I personally do not see a reason why not at this point...on the same note, i have not had two of them together in my hands or on any testing equipment. All the info i received from NGK tech has been wiped from my memory as hogwash and have not taken it up with KAWI. (mainly since they gave me a set of PMR9B's when i prolly didn't need 'em)

I do believe that TN indicated that Kawi WARRANTED him a set of the iridiums @ a whopping 75 hours. I asked if that was on paper....no reply.
    Yes I did! I said they probaly didnt put it down as Iridiums.

Website may not be suitable for small children WOT's Avatar
    Iridium's will get you 1-2 mpg on a bike or in a car, but not on a ski. The NGK guy was prolly thinking motorcycle. I put some in my Yamah VMax and the mileage improved a bit. But then, I don't really drive that bike for the mileage, and I don't ride the Ultra 250 for the mileage either...

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Ultra250 Tn View Post
    Yes I did! I said they probaly didnt put it down as Iridiums.
    Sorry bro, i must have missed it...apology if i did.

SeaDoocer
    Quote Originally Posted by WOT View Post
    Iridium's will get you 1-2 mpg on a bike or in a car, but not on a ski. The NGK guy was prolly thinking motorcycle. I put some in my Yamah VMax and the mileage improved a bit. But then, I don't really drive that bike for the mileage, and I don't ride the Ultra 250 for the mileage either...

Darn! And ES they sound so much like they know what they're talking about! lol

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread Information