Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

2007 Seadoo RXT Timing!

Just got a call from my dealer about the timing being severely off on my RXT.
    What could cause this? How does it affect the ski?

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Seadoo123 View Post
    Just got a call from my dealer about the timing being severely off on my RXT.
    What could cause this? How does it affect the ski?
    when you say the timing was off, what do you mean? and why is it at the dealers? has it got a fault which you cant find? post here wev'e probly had the same fault, regards bill

Quote Originally Posted by jetskibill9999 View Post
    when you say the timing was off, what do you mean? and why is it at the dealers? has it got a fault which you cant find? post here wev'e probly had the same fault, regards bill
    It is at the dealers for the washers going out. I know, I shouldve put metals in, but they said it would void my warranty. They went out at 26hrs. So they tore down the whole motors and cleaned everything, put new washers in and when they did that, they noticed the timing was off. Thats all the info i got. They were still trying to figure out why and whats wrong. So as of now that is all the info i have.

Banned User
    Sound kinda weird to me. I hope they didnt mean cam timing.

Quote Originally Posted by JOJO567 View Post
    Sound kinda weird to me. I hope they didnt mean cam timing.
    I believe they said chain timing? But to me that makes no sense.

Banned User
    The only thing I can think of is if the washers got stuck in the gear it could make it jump timming or a promblem with the tensioner or chain itself.

Quote Originally Posted by JOJO567 View Post
    The only thing I can think of is if the washers got stuck in the gear it could make it jump timming or a promblem with the tensioner or chain itself.
    Doesnt sound too good.

+1
    It is at the dealers for the washers going out. I know, I shouldve put metals in, but they said it would void my warranty. They went out at 26hrs. So they tore down the whole motors and cleaned everything, put new washers in and when they did that, they noticed the timing was off. Thats all the info i got. They were still trying to figure out why and whats wrong. So as of now that is all the info i have.
    i had my ceramic washers go at 30 hours, sent it to the dealers, they said theyed got them all out, at 70 hours the motor blew, so still under warenty i took it to a different dealer, he had to put a new engine in, i'm a motor mechanic by trade and cos i'd got money to one side to buy a new ski, my weekends were free of the spanners, i just wish i'd found this site earlyer cos my 06 summer would have been compleat

Quote Originally Posted by jetskibill9999 View Post
    i had my ceramic washers go at 30 hours, sent it to the dealers, they said theyed got them all out, at 70 hours the motor blew, so still under warenty i took it to a different dealer, he had to put a new engine in, i'm a motor mechanic by trade and cos i'd got money to one side to buy a new ski, my weekends were free of the spanners, i just wish i'd found this site earlyer cos my 06 summer would have been compleat
    Well this mechanic is very higly recommended from a friend. So hopefully all goes well.

+1
    these dealers are f-----g ass----s they no the score, they are getting very good insurance claims off bombardier for the washer shit, so why not do the job bad, it will get them more engines to play with

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information