Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

2008 seadoo lineup wish list!

Those of you who do know what to expect, (I dont) keep what u know to yourselves so no one gets in trouble.

For the rest. Dream! What would you like to see? keep the same, added, removed?
    Last edited by ryan*9; 08-09-2007 at 11:20 PM.

+1
    While it is too late for a 2008 wish list (the pie is out of the oven and ready to eat), it's never too late to dream.....

The SD 4-tec is the best engine design for a PWC, bar none. however there are a bunch of things that need (needed) to be addressed on SD boats. Some minor, others major.

In random order they are:

1. Hull construction. Get rid of the chopper gun layup and the "packing
    foam" used in the inner hull. Use hand laid, vacuum bagged Kevlar and balsa core or foam specific core material.

2. Design an efficient hull for the RXP. Using the old GTI economy hull just doesn't do it justice.

3. Redesign the SC so that the clutch receives better lubrication. Make the clutch washer diameter larger. Regardless of material used for the washers, they will always be a "wear" item.

4. Get rid of the slippery shrinkable mats and use some Hydro turf....a no brainer !

5. Ditto for the thumb throttle

6. Fire whoever had the idea to install a removable front storage liner in the GTX/RXT hulls causing a reduction of storage space and making it difficult to access items stowed there when out on the water.

While there are other areas that could be improved, just addressing all of the above would make a good boat into a great one.

Richard

Fat Man, Little Boat Region8Ultra250X's Avatar
    +1
    250 HP, a reliable blower set-up and trim on the rxt

one free complimentry 2008 seadoo rxp with the newest and biggest motor for me=D

more power for the RXP. Get rid of the thumb thing and go to a finger throttle. Somehow also make the thing lighter. I think they can save at least 50 pounds trimming things here and there.

260HP out of the box 2008 SeaDoo......$12K

225~230HP S2 2004 RXP......$10K

200HP 2005 GPR......$12K

Watching the new guy with the 260HP out of box SeaDoo get his ass handed to him by an "old 2 smoker" and an inferior HP'd RXP......PRICELESS!!!

All I want is the look off of "that guy's" face, because I guarantee the new 2008 will not break 70mph out of the box.

Watching the new guy with the 260HP out of box SeaDoo get his ass handed to him by an "old 2 smoker" and an inferior HP'd RXP......PRICELESS!!!

yeah cant wait for that and you know it is going to happen

+1
    And then the guy with the new out of the box ski starts adding a few bolt on's.... and starts passing some stage II RXP's- and he has a brand new boat w/ like 20 hrs. on it and your old '04 S2 RXP has like 200 hrs and it's starting to look like it does...

Don't know why you guys hate on new ski buyers? Jealous maybe?

No cash so ya gotta bash?

Quote Originally Posted by Vman View Post
    And then the guy with the new out of the box ski starts adding a few bolt on's.... and starts passing some stage II RXP's- and he has a brand new boat w/ like 20 hrs. on it and your old '04 S2 RXP has like 200 hrs and it's starting to look like it does...

dur

Quote Originally Posted by Vman View Post

No offense, but I think it's hilarious/pathetic when some of you guys get all offended by a post on an internet forum. Here I am making a joke of something that has been discussed a rediculous amount on here for the past couple months and you get all offended?

Get off the bashing BS. Take a post for what it's worth instead of trying to twist the context.

You're not one of those guys that gets pissed off after he realizes that his top notch HP machine that you paid top $$$ gets beat by an old 200 hour ski with less money invested in it than you are you??? I hope not because those are the ones that crack me up. The GPR guys have been laughing at some of this crap for a long time now. Here's my friend's little old 200 HP "out dated" 2 stroke doing close to 80mph.

**EDIT: don't forget that I was once in the market for a new ski too Vman. I have no reason to hate.
    Last edited by RXP-REX; 08-10-2007 at 03:00 PM.

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread Information