1100 venture needs engine work

This is the first post for me, but I have just bought a 1996 Venture with a blown engine. After tearing it apart, I found that it needs atleast a conecting rod, Pistons and possiable a cylinder sleve. It looks like the #3 cylinder got a little lean and the piston broke apart. It did no damage to the head, but the conecting rod got hit with the breaking piston and there is a small crack at the bottom of the sleve. I found a new Hot Rods crankshaft and was woundering if those cranks are better then having someone rebuild my crank. I was also woundering about what brand pistons I should use. I herd that Pro X are really good cast pistons, but I have not herd much on WSM. This is not going to be a race maching, but I would like to tow a small skier or tuber as well as hauling ass from one side of a lake to the other side .
    Thank you for any help and sugestions.

+1
    The hot rod crank should be a good piece just send it out and have it checked. As far as the pistons the pro-x are good as well but you need to rebuild the engine itself.This what I would do to ensure that the ski is going to be reliable enough for your needs.I would hate to see you spend a few hundred dollars and not be able to use the ski if something else failed. While you're there re-jet the carbs if they aren't done so already.
    Do it right the first time so you dont have to go back with more money,time, and frustration.

There are no machine shops around where I live that I would trust with PWC engines.I herd that the 1100 cylinders need to be bored with a torque plate. I can assymble the engine myself, but need someone who could do the machine work for me. I would need the cylinders bored and the cilinder that had the bad piston would have to be re-sleved or the crack welded. The crack is at the botton of the sleve (about 3/8 of an inch). Does anyone have any machine shops that they like to send their work?

Thread Information