97 GTX still bogging

I've installed brand new carbs, fuel line and plugs. The Rave valves are clean and move freely. Fuel selector clean and functioning normally. The new carbs are the later model ones with accelerator pump on the PTO carb.

Ski bogs on initial acceleration until the accelerator is pumped a few times and then it takes off and will cruise at 6900 RPM WOT. It was doing this with the old carbs too after cleaning, but didn't have to pump it up as many times as I do with the new ones.

Surely there must be someone that's solved this one before. I notice lots of posts on the issue but haven't seen one resolving it.

+1
    what are your carbs set at? lows and highs? any mods (flame arrestors, etc?)

Low speed was at the factory recommended setting of 1-1/2 but I've brought it in in 1/4 turn increments to 3/4 out with no appreciable difference. Note that the 1-1/2 is factory recommended for these new carbs whereas the originals were 1.

High is set at the factory setting of zero and it will only turn out 1/4 turn due to the plastic cap. The old carbs would turn in or out 1/4 turn with the plastic cap, but these will only go out.

Sorry, forgot to address the mods question. No mods. except I have not re-installed the factory air box over the flame arrestor yet. Too hard to get to the adjusters with it on. The factory arrestor is in place.

+1
    i know they are new to you carbs, but have they been rebuilt? kinda sounds like you have a needle/seat sticking open allowing too much fuel in and flooding at lower rpms. have you checked the pop-off?

lows should be around 1 turn out depending on elevation, temp, humidity, etc. and highs should be 0 for mag and 1/8-1/4 on the pto for a stock unit.

They were brand new direct shipped from Mikuni. Also, the old ones were acting the same after cleaning. I agree that it seems like it should be a fuel issue, and that's why I opted for the new carbs after cleaning the old didn't work.

Thread Information