Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Honestly, this would be different.

Has anyone tried(not that it'd haul @$$ or anything, it'd just be cool) stuffing a Harley Davidson engine into a ski??? Just imagine how it'd sound compared to anything else out there... you gotta admit, most skis sound like a long fart.

And, to be honest, I've seen some pretty respectable Harleys, putting out 160-ish hp.

Banned User
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by Ric View Post
    Has anyone tried(not that it'd haul @$$ or anything, it'd just be cool) stuffing a Harley Davidson engine into a ski??? Just imagine how it'd sound compared to anything else out there... you gotta admit, most skis sound like a long fart.

And, to be honest, I've seen some pretty respectable Harleys, putting out 160-ish hp.

Not a bad idea....
    Only concern would be that its an air cooled motor, and RPM...

Why take out your Ferrari engine(4-tec 215 hp) to install a Fred Flinstone engine with less power that will vibrate the motor mounts right out of the hull??

+1
    better yet, put the 4-tec in the hog w/ a rude and rotax ecu, how'd that be? monster garage style.......wait till u hear a 4-tec at 8500 w/ no waterbox at all............

Quote Originally Posted by RXP Steve View Post
    Why take out your Ferrari engine(4-tec 215 hp) to install a Fred Flinstone engine with less power that will vibrate the motor mounts right out of the hull??
    Well, for one I'm not real fond of Ferrari, and for another... who cares why??? It's just an idea.

Danny, I've considered the rpm and air-cooled issues. Only way to get it cooled would be to design water-cooled heads and jugs. I'm sitting on an idea for a mildly high-rpm Hawg, with a 4.25" big-bore kit using the stock 4" stroke... basically the same displacement per cylinder as a Chevy 454. Add enough head/cam to run around 7k rpm on 9.5:1 CR, MAKE SURE ALL IS BALANCED OUT AND SEMI-RELIABLE, and we're getting there. As for the jet pump, I'd imagine the torque that this combo would make would allow for a bigger pump to move more water, which might counter the fact that Harleys aren't known for 5-digit redlines. I dunno, it's an idea I've been sitting on for awhile now.

Picture this... PWC with drag pipes and ape-hanger handlebars.

what i really wanted 2 do is install a jet turbine , jay leno had it done 2 a bike , why not a ski ,

20,000 rpms , and a start up not hurd on the docks anywhere ,

only problem would be cooling and getting on and off with 700 * degree exhuast

Banned User
    +1
    Now if you put the motor in the front storage compartment (which is opened) on an OLD ASS X-4 hull, with ape hangers and a high-back seat (like in Meatball's)...Then you got somethign there...

+1
    Not even a harley sounds as loud or as good as a 4 tec that is straight piped. Your reinventing the wheel here for what. Much better to use a marine engine that was designed to run in the conditions we all run in. A stage 2 4 tec is what 230 to 240 horse power? and it sounds like a nascar. Just ask anyone here that was at this years mud bug.

Well, for one I'm not real fond of Ferrari, and for another... who cares why??? It's just an idea.
    Well I care. YOU brought it up not me. I am just offering up my opinion. If it will make you happy, them by all means hop to it!

unless its been edited I don't see anywhere in his post mention a seadoo

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information