Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    +1

EVERYONE LISTEN UP!!

May I just suggest something...In leu of what happened to RedDevil....And It has happened to a few ppl..On this board...When testing a "new" setup for the first time....Try and bring a buddy out with you!!..Or at least have a spotter on the shoreline...Bring a paddle and some sort of bailer with you...And for God sakes a cell phone!!And stay within a safe distance from the launch!!!!!

I know it is exciting to try a new setup...And just as exciting to hear results...But don't lose your life or tie up the emergency system by doing it...It is VERY early in the boating season and I know for the most of you there is not much else on the "lake" or "river" accept you...

FOR GOODNESS SAKES PPL. BE CAREFULL...

Your input and R&D means alot to us all...But not enough that you put yourselves in danger to get results!!

EZ Dock of Long Island Shibby1485's Avatar
    +1
    well said Mike.... we definitely don't want any horror stories about peoples' lives being in danger. and in addition.... INSTALL A BILGE PUMP!! I know it just went to the top of my list. Some of us have thousand upon thousands of dollars under the seats, so a bilge pump can be the saving force from a water logged engine. It can also help keep your ski afloat in the event of a catastrophe.

I'm off for some testing today myself, and I will be hugging the shoreline along with my cell phone in a waterproof case strapped to my life vest

Be safe

Re: EVERYONE LISTEN UP!!

Quote Originally Posted by two2curupt
    May I just suggest something...In leu of what happened to RedDevil....And It has happened to a few ppl..On this board...When testing a "new" setup for the first time....Try and bring a buddy out with you!!..Or at least have a spotter on the shoreline...Bring a paddle and some sort of bailer with you...And for God sakes a cell phone!!And stay within a safe distance from the launch!!!!!

I know it is exciting to try a new setup...And just as exciting to hear results...But don't lose your life or tie up the emergency system by doing it...It is VERY early in the boating season and I know for the most of you there is not much else on the "lake" or "river" accept you...

FOR GOODNESS SAKES PPL. BE CAREFULL...

Your input and R&D means alot to us all...But not enough that you put yourselves in danger to get results!!
    I will risk my life and die in the process if that is what it takes to get me to consistent 75...All kidding aside though, you are 100% right Mike in everything you have said. This is an excellent topic to start the season with before all hell breaks loose. I had always thought that my doo was invincible to any malfunction because of the care and attention to detail that I take. My over confidence in the reliablitly almost cost me a crap load of $$$$$!!!! These things are prone to freak accidents no matter how well tuned and taken care of they may appear.

+1
    I would say when doing R&D work OR when riding in the cold weather.
    We are part of the best sport but it is not worth dying for.

+1
    When testing a "new" setup for the first time....Try and bring a buddy out with you!!..Or at least have a spotter on the shoreline...Bring a paddle and some sort of bailer with you...And for God sakes a cell phone!!And stay within a safe distance from the launch!!!!!
    I totally agree. I also never ride by myself.

+1
    This really is the first year a mass of people are making modifications to the 4-tec engines. Last year at this time I could count the number of people doing mods and the year before that there might have been 2 that I knew of.

We now have a ton of kits out there, some tested, some not, so be very careful out there guys

thats great info, i think everyone who read about red devil's little incident has realized how easy these skis could go under. the bilge pump seems to be a great idea and i bet many people will be installing them soon!

+1
    im going to install one too!

+1
    I agree ... I think Shibby mentioned this in Red Devil's thread, but I also noticed that my bailers seemed to sometimes get water INTO my hull. The hull was all dry, but wet under the bailer 'blocks' that sit on the bottom of the hull, AND the bailer tubes were all wet INSIDE. My ski has never leaked anywhere, and I am 100% convinced the bailers were bringing water into my hull. Never a lot, but just enough, and it happened enough times that I am installing a bilge pump and blocking up the bailer tubes/removing them from the venturi.

What did I miss???...PR...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information