New parts-New Problems-need help

I installed my New Riva S3 SC, 42# injectors, Rotax thermostat. I have a couple of problems

1. The SC to IC hose keeps poping off the IC. The clamp area is to small for the tbolt. I am using worm drive clamp. The width of the worm drive clamp is the same width of the clamping surface. I tighten the worm drive clamp so tight it stripped out. Now on second clamp. What to do? Can't have the hose poping off. Jerry-can piranha do anything about this?

2. When the hose stay clamped for about an hour the max RPM was 8100. I didn't gain any RPM over previous SC wheel(riva/vortech). I am still running my 14/17r prop. should i even bother trying my 13/19 i have sitting around. ALthough i did get a little cavitation out of the hole.

Need help/suggestions on where to look. If say check for boost leaks-how do i do that? What the easiest method. Since i'm not running the wedge should i take off the Riva intake grate? Will i pick up something there?

You can try a T-Bolt clamp. Also 8100 RMP is good with out an ECU.

I tried to get the Tbolt clamp on. Its so wide that it causes the clamp and pipe to slide off while tightening.

Shouldn't i gain RPM since i never changed the prop? This prop is from my stage one kit. I think i'm not a hot stage 2 now. The only difference i see is that it may cavitate just a little out of the hole

I guess i should ad that temps are pretty warm. W temp 89, E Temp was 92.

Quote Originally Posted by HoopsRXT View Post
    I tried to get the Tbolt clamp on. Its so wide that it causes the clamp and pipe to slide off while tightening.
    I had same problem, I ending up takeing the IC out of the ski, installing the output hose and T-bolt clamp tightly and putting the ic back into the ski then hooked up the other hoses. It holds well now.

+1
    Go by a hose supply store (hrydraulic supply store) and get a better barb fitting. The ones I have picked up are supposed to be used without a hose clamp and are a b***h to put on. I have ran 80 psi of engine oil through one without any leaks or hose slipping off.

Quote Originally Posted by cbrich View Post
    Go by a hose supply store (hrydraulic supply store) and get a better barb fitting. The ones I have picked up are supposed to be used without a hose clamp and are a b***h to put on. I have ran 80 psi of engine oil through one without any leaks or hose slipping off.
    I should clarify. I was talking about the air hoses. Piranha uses silicone hoses instead of metal pipe. The problem area is the lack of clamp space on the intercooler itself.

I haven't retested yet but i'll give it one more shot before i'll have to try something else. I put alittle glue-some weak stuff- and then clamped as tight as i could get. Hope the glue will give it a little extra bit that it needs.

But what about the RPM's. For those of you that went will bigger SCs did you see RPM gains if you did not change the prop?

+1
    you need a different prop 14/19R as I bet you are hitting 8100 very easy you should be 8050 we flashes of 8100 if you are 8100 all the time it is time for a new prop

I am running the 15/20R with good results.

Thread Information