Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: plz help urgent

+1

plz help urgent

just got home rode my bro gp800r for like 15 minutes and died the engine is completely stock the only thing i did before goin to ride it is remove the stock flame arresters ran it with carbs open, i pulled the plugs and their white'ish on one side and kinda light brown on the other side of the white porcelane in the plugs can it have ran lean because of to much air.

+1
    On no........... take a compression test.You probably squeeked a piston.You cant run it like that without rejetting.

+1
    dont have a gauge right dis minute but it still turns took both plugs out and rear cylinder has less compresion than the front one just by holding my finger over it

If its noticeable by the finger method, looks like maybe your brother might be getting an engine rebuilt for him...

+1
    sorry to here your problem

woody is correct you cant run it like that without rejetting..

pull the head and have a look while your at it post some pics..

+1
    The stock flame arrestors help to create a certain amount of vacume. This vacume helps to draw fuel into the cylinders via the carbs. If there is not enough vacume or "signal" as most tuners call it, then you will not have enough fuel when riding. The aftermarket flame arrestors create a "free flow" condition, so normally you would at least have to open up your jets and at most have to rejet all together.

More than likely, you ran lean from lack of fuel.

Run a compresson test to see if you scoured a piston. If you did not run it long you may get off easy.

+1
    im on my way to buy a compression test gauge anyone had good luck with a autopart gauge

This is a good example of why you dont try some things you read about until you find out for sure that it will work with your application. If this was an EFI ski, you would'nt need to depend on vaccume since its injected.

There has been alot of talk about airbox removal lately and I was hoping there would'nt be someone try it without changing either jetting or EFI controls.

Quote Originally Posted by 305coco View Post
    im on my way to buy a compression test gauge anyone had good luck with a autopart gauge
    They are not the best but it will tell you what you need to know in comparison to the other cylinders. Go ahead and get it.

+1
    There has been alot of talk about airbox removal lately and I was hoping there would'nt be someone try it without changing either jetting or EFI controls.[/quote]
    i didnt remove it for performance i removed it to eliminate the oil pump which the oil line on dat same rear cylinder came off and almost lost that same cylinder like two weeks ago, didnt have the block off plate then so i drained the oil tank and mixed the fuel installed the block off plate yesterday and left out the air box

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information