Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thumbs up First 2 hours on the RXT

Finally got her out. The first hour I was following all the recommended break in tips. The second hour I rode her like a freshman at her her college party She got to see my Oh face.

So what are my intial thoughts?
    - I need to remember to breathe!!!!!

Just getting it off the trailer for the first time I knew the RXT was just going to blow the 2004 wakeboard away. the power was obvious.
    Transiting away from the ramp the sound of the supercharger was nice.

The ski handled a lot different from the 04 wake, it seemed a little less stable at low speed and less predictible in turns. (that just might me me) I think I experienced the dropping of the OPAS during the brief few times the ski was out of the water.

There was something that just didn't seem right. When I accelarated the handlebards seem to pop or move a little. When I would slow down the opposite would happen. When idle I could physically move the bars up and down. Any ideas what this may be?

Prior to getting the RXT into the water I installed the Riva Thumb Throttle. The cover was pretty flimsy and the right extension didn't go all the way in. The instructions said to put the short extension on the right hand side. Both extension were the same size. The drill bit, nice to see one included, would have been challenged cutting through butter With it all assembled I was ready to hit the water.

After a short time there seem to be a little slop in the return. Seemed to be about 1/8 too much play. There didn't seem to be an adjustment on the throttle assemble is there anyway to snug it up? At idle RPMs in the water fluxuated between 1740 and 1820, so I don't think there is any undesired throttle occurring.
    When slowing down I did notice that the ski didn't have a feeling of slowing as much as the wake is that because of the supercharger?

Now about the ski usability.
    The engineer that designed front storage and fire extinguisher mounting need to be given a flogged. The tub is too difficult to move get to the extinguisher quickly. The tub is too deep to get to anything while behind the handlebars, unless your arms are 8 feet long.
    Why didnt they mount it under the hood?
    Anyone know if the storage set up on wake board set up fits on the RXT?

The emission sticker is in a bad location. Highly recommend removing it prior to putting on the reg and hull id numbers. Not removing it may not give you enough room to properly space the hull id and reg sticker.

Conclusion....Yahooooo!!!!
    I don't forsee stage one being ordered anytime soon. You guys with speed mods are NUTZ!!!!!!

I think the only immediate upgrade will be swapping the metal and ceramic parts.

Good times.
    Scott

Closed mouth no get fed,...... travelboysteve's Avatar
    Enjoy it Scotty, I just took my 06 for a run this morning after finishing up her mods,.....OMG is all I have to say. Here' what I looked like when I first pinned the throttle. Probably similar in expression to you,.... Cheers, Steve

wait,.....where did you launch, marina del yuck??? I thought I saw a couple RXT's there,......

Today was fesh water. Tomorrow, if I can get up early enough Ocean!!

Oh yeah the full throttle "oh 5hit" face was definitely being wron today!!!

Closed mouth no get fed,...... travelboysteve's Avatar
    My wife, (if she feels better) and I will be heading out tomorrow for some fun runs @ marina. I just assumed with your screen name you were local, ie: Bruins = UCLA.
    Anyhoo, shoot me a PM if you want to head out tomorrow,...... Later, Steve

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by bruinsrme View Post
    There was something that just didn't seem right. When I accelarated the handlebards seem to pop or move a little. When I would slow down the opposite would happen. [COLOR=red]When idle I could physically move the bars up and down. [I]Any ideas what this may be? Scott
    Not sure why it's moving but I have never noticed that on ours, so maybe you better have it checked...
    Last edited by YoYamma; 08-11-2007 at 07:43 PM.

Not the UCLA Bruins but those gawd awful Boston Bruins. LOL

Yeah... as far as the handlebars moving... no give whatsoever on mine.... solid as a rock!!!!

As far as the finger throttle all I can say is yup...
    When I first put mine on it was a pain in the ass!!!

I know what you are saying about the throttle assembly not fitting... I saw this and played with it for a while(ummm..... sure) and had to get creative with it.... I used the stock assembly and drilled a hole in it... made it fit well against the assembly... also able to keep the chrome piece that was on the OEM assemby... looks good to me... The extensions should fit in there flush.... if not, shave the stock female ends..... without question they should be flush...

Sounds like the break in period is well.... RPM's look good, remember to watch your RPM's at the top end.... that is where you can really see a drop if there is one....

But the movement in the handlebar is definitely something I have never heard of... definintely get that checked, like ASAP cuz you don't want to do any damage to her...
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	HPIM0098.JPG 
Views:	67 
Size:	342.4 KB 
ID:	34722   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	HPIM0086.JPG 
Views:	55 
Size:	202.1 KB 
ID:	34723  

did you get around to adjusting your throttle cable?... if you have excessive play your losing rpm`s...
    idle speed is correct.
    remember not to make the throttle cable adjustment to tight, should have atleast a light 1/16 freeplay at the finger throttle...PR...
    congrats on your ride bro!...

I haven't adjusted the throttle cable yet. I have to figure out how. Perhaps tomorrow.

The ride is sweet thanks

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information