What's the best oil in the STX?

Just got a 99 900STX...what's the best oil to use? Sorry if this is ridiculous sounding, but I have a 95 SPI (SeaDoo Mineral Oil) and a 99 GTX RFI (SeaDoo Full Synthetic...plus a small amount to lube me up at the cashier).
    So ...just wondering if the Kawa is as oil particular as the SeaDoos?
    Thanks group-Phil

tcw3 outboard oil, i ran it with 300+ hours and over 10 complete engine submerges
    don't waste your money on the fancy stuff on that ski

Good deal, thanks for the info any particular brand you choose or just the cheapest? When you say "that ski"...do you think the STX 900 isn't a good one? Just wondering because I don't know anything about the Kawa other than there's quite a few on the lake where we ride, one is a yellow STX...they all seem good...don't seem to be working on them on the bank as much as I do the SeaDoos we have.
    Thanks again!

+1
    You should be using a API TC synthetic in the Sea-Doo.

Quote Originally Posted by 800AMSOIL4U View Post
    You should be using a API TC synthetic in the Sea-Doo.

Isn't that what's recommended in the RFI Sea-Doo's? The Bombardier Synthetic is what I've used in my GTX 100+ hours, used the Bomb. Mineral in the SPi for @#$% hours.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by PhilnEdee View Post
    Good deal, thanks for the info any particular brand you choose or just the cheapest? When you say "that ski"...do you think the STX 900 isn't a good one? Just wondering because I don't know anything about the Kawa other than there's quite a few on the lake where we ride, one is a yellow STX...they all seem good...don't seem to be working on them on the bank as much as I do the SeaDoos we have.
    Thanks again!
    it's a great ski,as dependible as they come,i have 98 hours on mine bought new in 99,not one problem ever.i would recomend hydroturf pads though,the stock kawi matts on those things are slippery as hell.

as far as oil goes i use 100 percent sythetic in mine,always have.with the non sythetic with the straight rate pump,you get alot of smoke and load up in no wake zones.the sythetic smokes less and basicly no load up even in extended no wake zones.brand wise ive noticed no difference as far as performance goes,ive used penzoil,redline.same great results.

Quote Originally Posted by PhilnEdee View Post
    When you say "that ski"...do you think the STX 900 isn't a good one? Just wondering because I don't know anything about the Kawa other than there's quite a few on the lake where we ride, one is a yellow STX...they all seem good...don't seem to be working on them on the bank as much as I do the SeaDoos we have.
    Thanks again!
    Gee marie, don't say that........the doo people will be all over you.....

Quote Originally Posted by puckoach View Post
    Gee marie, don't say that........the doo people will be all over you.....

HAHA...yea, well I suppose since I'm a DOOer also, maybe they will cut me some slack. I've learned to fix alot of things on them, that's for sure...local shop told my buddy his 02 GTI had "serious problems...motor might need rebuild sinc ethe shaft won't turn" what it needed was #1) a new battery and #2 a little nudge to get the starter bendix out of the flywheel where from low battery start attempt...I charged him "dinner" for my wife and I with him and his...they guestimated about $1800.00

Glad to hear its a good ski, I really like it so far.

i just mean that ski (900 stx) i used to own one and never bought an engine part for it in 300 hours of rental service with many submerges

Quote Originally Posted by winterstick View Post
    i just mean that ski (900 stx) i used to own one and never bought an engine part for it in 300 hours of rental service with many submerges

Cool...so far it's been awesome ski. Lots of fun, needs a few more mph on top so my wife will quit outrunning me though!

Thread Information